12.28.22 – Patch –
Responding to a central station alarm, the Upper Makefield Fire Co. arrived at the scene where they reported a moderate smoke condition.
UPPER MAKEFIELD, PA – Firefighters in Upper Makefield made an unusual rescue early Thursday morning.
It happened during a smoldering structure fire at a home on Taylorsville Road between Mt. Eyre and Aquetong roads.
Responding to a central station alarm, the Upper Makefield Fire Company arrived at the scene where they reported a moderate smoke condition with an active fire alarm.
The assignment was upgraded to a dwelling fire.
A smoldering fire was found in a closet underneath a snake terrarium, said fire officials. The snake was moved to safety and the fire was extinguished.
The central station fire alarm saved this house and the snake, said the firefighters.
Also responding to the scene were the Yardley-Makefield Fire Company, the Newtown Fire and Emergency Services, Union Fire Company & Rescue Squad, and the Upper Makefield Township Police Department.