Seek Scan meets FDA guidelines for thermal imaging systems used for initial body temperature assessment during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. — Seek Thermal, a provider of thermal imaging products, announces the introduction of Seek Scan, which it describes as a simple, low-cost thermal imaging system designed to automate body temperature screening using skin temperature as a proxy.
Seek Scan is specifically designed and calibrated to deliver accurate skin temperature measurements while enabling social distancing protocols, according to the company.
In seconds, the system is said to automatically detect a face, identify the most reliable facial features for measurement and display an alert if someone is warmer than the customizable alarm temperature.
Seek Scan can be installed in lobbies, hallways and other key access points to help businesses, institutions and venues create a safer environment for their workforce, customers, members and patrons.
The system is easy to use and can be running in minutes with no special equipment or training, according to the company.Related:How Integrators Can Help Clients Reopen After the COVID-19 Lockdown
“We are excited to bring our experience in affordable thermal imaging technology to communities around the globe by providing a simple screening solution to help make us safer,” says Mike Muench, president & CEO of Seek Thermal. “Seek Scan is already being used in our factory and we believe it’s a valuable screening tool for organizations that remain operational and others as they reopen in the coming months.”
Seek Scan utilizes infrared thermal imaging technology, a temperature-controlled heat source and Seek Scan software to measure and screen for skin temperature. The Seek Scan process provides an additional layer of preventive screening and can deliver more peace of mind to businesses, institutions and participants as they look to reopen from lockdowns.
The solution meets FDA guidelines for thermal imaging systems used for initial body temperature assessment during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Per the FDA guidelines released in April 2020, Seek Scan meets the accuracy specification, includes a reference heat source and is made for single person screening.
Key features as described by Seek Thermal include:
- Designed & Calibrated For Skin Temperature – Unlike typical industrial thermal cameras, Seek Scan was developed for precise skin temperature measurement and also includes a fixed heat source that maximizes accuracy
- Allows for Social Distancing – Non-contact, non-invasive screening eliminates contact between screening personnel and participants during measurement
- Fast, Automated Screening – In seconds, the system automatically detects a face, finds the most accurate spot to measure and displays a pass/fail alert
- Easy To Install and Easy To Use – Start scanning in minutes using two tripods and a Windows PC
- Proven Technology – Thermal imaging has been tested, studied and deployed globally for years in skin temperature measurement applications
- Affordable – Priced significantly lower than other thermal screening solutions
You can see the thermal skin temperature screening solution in action in the video below.