- Alberto Hook of Montgomery County Police Department in Maryland will take over from Kerri McDonald as President.
- Alicia Vela of Galveston Police Department will continue as Treasurer.
- Kelly Ryan of Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association will continue as Associate Director-Fire Alarms,
- Dave Moss of, PM AM Corporation will serve as the new Associate Director-Vendor
- Kerri McDonald will remain on the board as Past President.
4 changes to the Bylaws were adopted
- Change #1- Vice Presidents
The recommended language would streamline the board and eliminate a position that has a limited pool of members to draw from.
- Change #2- At Large Directors
The proposed change would establish a single at large director.
- Change #3- Committee Chairpersons & Chapter Presidents
The proposal would make them voting members of the board.
- Change #4- Candidate Qualifications
The proposal would open up all offices to all members in good standing who agree to support the mission of FARA.
Annual Awards Presented
Norma C. Beaubien Public Safety Member of the Year Award
Craig Allen of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police was presented this award for his significant contributions to FARA and false alarm reduction.
W. Rex Bell Award Associate Member of the Year Award
Joyce Hausler of COPS Monitoring was awarded this recognition for significant contributions to FARA and false alarm reduction.
Check out future editions of InfoLink for more info on the winners