All You Ever Wanted to Know About the “Trump Tax Cuts” but Were Afraid to Ask on Webcast
1.24.19 – Security Sales & Integration-
We will discuss the biggest overhaul of the U.S. Federal Tax Code in over 30 years. SSI Hall of Famer Mitch Reitman will simplify the new IRS Code Section 199a that deals with huge tax credits for certain small businesses. We will also discuss changes in the deductibility of certain expenses.
- How do I position my business to take advantage of the new Section 199a 20% pass through credit.
- What isn’t deductible anymore and what should I do?
- How do I navigate some of the changes and inconsistencies in the Code Section and make them into opportunities?
Record Date/Time: February 28, 2019, 2:00 PM
SSI Hall of Fame Presenter
Mitch Reitman, president of Reitman Consulting Group Inc., was added to the SSI Industry Hall of Fame in 2017.
Reitman Consulting provides financial consulting, valuation, general accounting services, transactional services, tax compliance, and tax representation services to security alarm companies in twenty-three states, Mexico, Canada and the EEC. Mr. Reitman is a frequent lecturer to Alarm Industry trade groups and associations.
Mitch Reitman has 24 years of experience in the Security Alarm industry. Prior to forming Reitman Consulting, Mr. Reitman was Vice President of Acquisitions for Select Security, and Director of Acquisitions and Business Development for Protection One Alarm Monitoring, where he participated in more than $400 million of alarm account transactions. He began his career at Coopers and Lybrand, Certified Public Accountants where he was an audit manager with the Emerging Business Practice (his clients included “startups” such as Compaq Computer, CompUSA, National Intergroup, and On the Border Restaurants).
Mr. Reitman and/or his firm have participated in over $950 million of security industry transactions and have prepared over 150 alarm company valuations. Major projects include:
- Purchase of SAFE Security by American Automobile Association. Reitman Consulting represented the purchaser
- Purchase of Sonitrol by Spire Capital, S.I.C. Consulting represented the purchaser
- Purchase of Checkpoint by Devcon, S.I.C. Consulting represented the lender (CIT Financial)
- Purchase of Alliant by IASG, S.I.C. Consulting represented the sellers’ equity investor
- Several large scale valuation projects (many companies/transactions in excess of $100 million in value)
- S.I.C. Consulting, performs lender due diligence for several industry lenders including City National Bank of Los Angeles, and First Capital of Oklahoma City
Either he or Reitman Consulting Group. are members of the AICPA, Central Station Alarm Association (consultant member), Electronic Security Association, Security Industry Association (SIA), The Monitoring Association (TMA), California Alarm Association, Texas Burglar and Fire Alarm Association, Arizona Burglar and Fire Alarm Association, Nevada Security Association, Burglar and Fire Alarm Association of Michigan, Southern California Alarm Association, and many others.