- ADT Commercial to leverage AI technology for retail customers
9.21.20 – SIW – ADT Commercial is investing in Percepta Labs, an artificial-intelligence technology startup out of Philadelphia. The $1M investment will fund the commercialization and application of the startup’s cutting-edge AI technology to help detect and deter shoplifting.
State & National News
- An Old TV Crashed an Entire Village’s Broadband for 18 Months
9.23.20 – Digital Trends – Residents of a village in Wales kept losing their broadband connections at the same time every day. The cause? One resident’s aging …
- Inside the Mind of a Burglar: UNC Study Shares Valuable Info
9.25.20 – All Outdoor – Inside the Mind of a Burglar: UNC Study Shares Valuable Info for Home, Work. Eve Flanigan 09.25.20. Inside the Mind of a Burglar: UNC Study Shares Valuable …
- Ring Announces Indoor Drone, Car Security Products
9.24.20 – CEPRo – At Amazon event, Ring introduced the Always Home Cam drone for indoor footage, plus car alarm and camera; latest Echo devices shown as …
- More U.S. Consumers Feel ‘Safe Enough’ With Pro Monitored …
9-26-20 – SSI – More U.S. Consumers Feel ‘Safe Enough’ With Pro Monitored Smart Home Gear. Dallas — In a recent survey of U.S. broadband households, …
- How Security Dealers/Integrators Can Improve Their Operations
9.25.20 – SSI – How Security Dealers/Integrators Can Improve Their Operations. SSI Editor-in-Chief Scott Goldfine picks the brain of Bold Group V.P. of …
- Essential Keys to Keeping Up With Your Customer Base Virtually
9.23.20 – SSI – As the industry continues to evolve into the “new normal” of social distancing, remote learning and well-planned budgets, it’s more important than ever to stay connected with your most valuable asset — your customers.
- How to Recruit & Retain Gen Z Employees
9.22.20 – SSI – The GSX+ session “How to Recruit and Retain Gen Z in Security Organizations” offered an in-depth background on Gen Z and what they’re looking for in employment.
- Leadership must be a ‘team sport’ to successfully address …
9.23.20 – SIW – Leadership must be a ‘team sport’ to successfully address today’s security challenges. Retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal discusses ‘leading in …
- Circumstances dictate the evolving state of access control …
9.23.20 – SIW – Circumstances dictate the evolving state of access control. GSX+ panel reveals that technology is being driven by COVID-19 mandates and …
Fire & EMS News
- NY: Police: Man pulled false fire alarm at Target facility
9.22.20 – Post Star – A Glens Falls man was arrested on Monday for allegedly falsely pulling a fire alarm at the Target distribution center.
- CT: Duo Does Break-Ins, Shoots Man, Crashes
9.21.20 – New Haven Independent – It all apparently began with attempted break-ins early Saturday in upper Westville, including a stop at 3:02 a.m. at a Colonial owned by local government watchdog Gary Doyens. … Doyens and his wife were asleep at the time.
- GA: Ex-employee arrested for vandalizing local fast food restaurants
9.21.20 – Post Searchlight – Early Saturday morning at approximately 3:20am, Bainbridge Public Safety officer Jonathan Taylor was dispatched to Captain D’s on Shotwell …
- IN: Man arrested after alleged break-in at former North High School
9.23.20 – Evansville, Ind. (WEHT) — A man has been arrested for breaking in to the Academy of Innovative Studies. Officers with the …
- MI: Break-ins occur at three Grand Rapids restaurants overnight
9.23.20 – Fox 17 – Grand Rapids, Mich. — Three popular restaurants in Grand Rapids were broken into overnight Tuesday to Wednesday.
- NC: Sheriff: Deputy is recovering from crash in Tanglewood Park …
9.25.20 – Winston-Salem Journal, – Summers was driving his patrol car around 6 a.m. as he was responding to a panic-alarm emergency at the maintenance department in Tanglewood Park, Kimbrough said. According to the Highway
- OH: Nearly $3400 worth of items reportedly stolen out of Springfield…
9.25.20 – Springfield News Sun – Police are investigating after a Springfield business was broken into and nearly $3,400 worth of items were stolen. Officers were dispatched around 4 a.m. on Thursday to Huffman Tree Company on a report of an alarm, according to a Springfield police report.
- SC: Sheriff: Man arrested for stealing copper from recycling business
9.25.20 – WACH – A man was arrested for stealing copper from a recycling business, Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said. James Walker, 48, was arrested 3:00 …
- SD: 3 suspects sought after about 40 guns stolen in Rapid City
9.24.20 – AP – Authorities are searching for three suspects after about 40 guns were stolen from a Rapid City gun shop.
- TX: Police: Man admits breaking business windows, doesn’t tell why
9.23.20- Seguin – A 30-year-old local man is behind bars after police said he smashed windows in downtown Seguin overnight for no apparent reason. Officers with the Seguin Police Department early Wednesday tracked down a suspect and jailed a man who admitted to causing the damage but provided no reason why, Chief Terry Nichols said.
- VA: Gordonsville man arrested in area armed robbery spree …
9.22.20 – WINA – Just as in a number of armed robberies associated with this spree, the clerk had been robbed and assaulted before the suspect left on foot.
- VA: Lynchburg PD looking for suspect in connection with weekend …
9.22.20 – The suspect is described as a Black man who was wearing a grey shirt with “TB” on the back, black pants, a blue had and a red hoodie used as a mask.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela