- Carrollton Business Leader, Chris Russell, Announces Run for Texas Senate District-12
9.24.21 – CARROLLTON, TEXAS, EINPresswire.com/ — Chris Russell, the owner of a security and fire alarm company, and the President of one of the oldest Internet Service Providers (ISP’s) in Texas announced today he is running for the open District-12 Senate seat currently held by Jane Nelson. “We are fortunate to have the ‘Iron-Lady’ in Texas politics represent us,” said Russell. “It is my goal to serve with the same distinction, work ethic, and values she has brought to the job,” he continued.
- TMA Annual Meeting converted to virtual format – …
9.20.21 – SIW – The Monitoring Association (TMA) on Monday announced that it has decided to convert its in-person 2021 Annual Meeting, originally scheduled to take place Oct. 9-14 in Maui, Hawaii, to a virtual format on Oct. 12-14 due to health and safety concerns related to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
State & National News
- New Tax Bill Passes in the House Ways and Means Committee
9.22.21 – Mitch Reitman – On September 15, 2021, the House Ways and Means Committee passed a tax bill designed to raise revenue for President Biden’s “Build Back Better” plan. It contains significant changes to the estate and gift tax laws, and the income tax laws related to them.
- What you need to know about false alarms
9.23.21 – ZDNet – Check with the local government to see if they require a burglar alarm or security permit. Permits aren’t required everywhere, but the number of …
- Industry Steps Up to Secure Sites Across America
9.22.21 – SSI – Three recent deployments — spanning a school, port and transit — are spotlighted to help security pros prevent terror tragedies.
- OSHA to Issue New Rules to Combat Heat When …
9.20.21 – Newsweek — The new rule will focus interventions and workplace inspections on days when the heat index exceeds the specified temperature to help prevent …
- 5 Common Habits Among Successful Start-Up Integrators
9.24.21 – CEPro — These five simple habits to achieve success as a start-up integrator can keep that wolf at your door from entering. Like all good habits, they …
- Study Links Cyberattacks To Remote Work Tech
9.24.21 – CI – Your customers are increasingly worried about their employees’ home networks, the expanding software supply chain and cloud migration.
- Operations Update: You Should be Re-Thinking Your Process
9.22.21 – CI – Integration leaders should be re-thinking key areas of business operations like sales, engineering, installations and close outs.
- Why This Elevator Smoke Detector Requirement Is the Pits
9.24.21 – SSI – Fire/life-safety expert Shane Clary bucks an NFPA 72 code requirement and explains why the onus should instead be on the building owner.
- ‘Highest Level of Critical Vulnerability’ Found in Certain Hikvision Products
9.23.21- SSI – A cybersecurity researcher discovered that a vulnerability in Hikvision firmware allowed for potential attackers to gain full control of devices without a username or password.
- Security Industry Reckons With Facial Recognition Bans
9.20.21- SSI – Rodney Bosch – Navigating the implementation of facial recognition is becoming more cumbersome as an increasing number of states and cities enact conditional use restrictions.
Fire & EMS News
- CA: Chemistry class accident triggers fire alarm …
9.22.21 – The Chronicle – A lab accident in a sophomore chemistry class produced an excess amount of smoke, causing an Upper School-wide fire evacuation Tuesday morning. … Whitney Enenstein ’24, who was in the class where the accident occurred, said that an extreme reaction triggered the fire systems.
- MO: Rockport Heights evacuated after smoke alarm goes off
9.21.21- Leader Publications – Rockport Heights Elementary School students and staff were evacuated at about noon Monday (Sept. 20), when a fire alarm went off, Principal Janine Hueter said in a letter to parents. “The safety and well-being of our students is our top priority,” Hueter said. …
- TX: Pet resort caught on fire, city asks fire code to be updated
9.20.21- Austin American-Statesman – According to the Georgetown Fire Chief, John Sullivan, the Ponderosa Pet Resort facility was not required to have smoke alarms or a sprinkler system because of its square feet, the Austin American-Statesman reported.
- AL: Crooks cracked open an ATM at a Mobile bank and getaway …
9.24.21 – Mobile, AL. (WPMI) – Crooks cracked open an ATM at a Mobile bank and getaway with cash. – The drive-thru ATM at PNC Bank on Government in Midtown Mobile remains out of order. Mobile Police believe between 3 to 4 thieves broke into the machine and stole a large amount of cash around 5:20 a.m. on Thursday.
- CA: Five Whittier businesses hit in crime spree
9.22.21 – Whittier Daily News – Whittier detectives were still looking Wednesday for the suspect or suspects who burgled a restaurant and vandalized four other businesses …
- CA: J.K. Simmons’ L.A. Area Home Hit by Burglar, LAPD …
9.25.21 – TMZ- We’re told the LAPD is investigating the burglary/attempted burglary. J.K., of course, is known for his role in the ‘Spider-Man’ films and ..
- CA: Pot store takes a double hit
9.22.21 – News – Sedona- Dominguez said they are investigating why the alarm sounded after the front door was broken, but the police department was not notified by the alarm company until 1:45 a.m.
- CO: 2 attempted break-ins at Colorado Springs video game …
9.23.21 – KKTV – The suspect has been trying to get inside Video Game Exchange and Comics. The store is located near north Nevada Avenue in north east …
- CT: Suspects targeted three ATMs in a matter of … –
9.25.21 – Connecticut Post – Fairfield – Police are investigating a rash of burglaries that involved attempted thefts from ATMs on Post Road early Thursday.
- MA: Man Wanted For Breaking Into Gas Station In Region, Stealing …
9.24.21 – Daily Voice – Windham – Further investigation found that “it was obvious” that someone had broken into the Lucky Mart and emptied the cash registers.
- MI: Police seek suspects in New Hudson gun shop …
9.22.21 – Detroit News – Oakland County Sheriff’s Office detectives are looking for three suspects who broke into a New Hudson gun shop early Tuesday morning.
- OH: Assist provided in nabbing suspected mall robber: Orange …
9.25.21 – Cleveland.com – Beachwood police had asked Orange officers to be on the lookout for a Mazda CX-7 seen on video during a Sept. 11 aggravated robbery and …
- OH: Thieves steal more than $3000 in merchandise from gas station
9.20.21 – Cleveland.com – Thieves steal more than $3,000 in merchandise from gas station: Brunswick Police Blotter. Police responded to an alarm at a Center Road gas station at 1:24 a.m. Sept. 6. Police found multiple boxes of cigarettes and a damaged shelf outside the building and on the road near the exit to the gas station.
- OK: False intruder alarm scares students days after student …
9.20.21 – Muskogee Now – The alarm, accidentally set off by a vendor, according to Superintendent Erik Puckett, announced to the middle school that there was an intruder …
- ON: Durham police looking to identify suspect after Pickering break …
9.20.21 – Durham Radio News – Durham police looking to identify suspect after Pickering break-ins. Durham police are asking for help identifying a man they say might be responsible for a series of break-ins in Pickering. Officers were called around 3 a.m. Wednesday after an alarm was triggered at a business…
- ON: Windsor police investigate multiple overnight break and enters
9.20.21 – Windsor, ON. – Opera News – One suspect has been arrested, but Windsor police are still seeking information in connection with a series of overnight commercial …
- SC: NCPD: Armed suspect robbed Family Dollar as …
9.24.21 – WCIV – North Charleston police are investigating an armed robbery that happened Friday morning at the Family Dollar.
- TN: MPD searching for 3 men caught on …
9.22.21 – Fox 13 Memphis – Tuesday morning. Investigators said that three suspects broke into the business armed with a yellow crowbar and stole cash and cigarettes.
- TX: Two charged in federal case involving robberies at ATMs in …
9.20.21 – Texarkana Gazette – Two charged in federal case involving robberies at ATMs in Texarkana, region | In two cases, stolen pickup truck and a chain were used.
- WI: Burglars shoot out front door of Madison business …
9.20.21 – Madison (WKOW) — A Madison business’s front door was shot out and money was stolen overnight, according to the Madison Police Department. MPD said at about 10:15 p.m. Sunday, crews were called to a burglary alarm at Tech Heroes.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela