State & National News
- Through the lens: Reflections on reporting the Pentagon attack
9.1.21 – Fire Rescue 1 – Through the day, the fire chief made sure his incident commander had what he needed and worked with top county, state and Pentagon officials.
- 20 Years of Showing Security Matters
9.10.21 – SSI – Life in the post-9/11 world means security technologies, systems, services and skills are more critical than ever before.
- Napa County installs AI-based early fire detection
9.8.21 – GCN – The pole-mounted artificial intelligence-based system uses optical and heat sensors to detect and analyze smoke plumes that indicate fire.
- Beware: IRS ‘Dirty Dozen’ List Includes R&D Tax Credit
9.9.21 – SSI – Mitch Reitman – Many dealers and integrators qualify for the R&D tax credit, but there is a cautionary tale to understand before you apply for the credit.
- SBA Updates COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
9.10.21 – CEPro – Due to a rise in Delta variant cases, the Small Business Administration has decided to provide additional aid to small businesses across the country.
- Legal Brief: Biometrics Law in New York
9.10.21 – SIW – New rules regulating commercial establishments could have far-reaching implications
- Privacy Legislation and its Impact on Integrators …
9.10.21 – SIW – Privacy laws are not going away; in fact, widespread changing regulations offer opportunities for well-prepared integrators to expand their …
- How to Choose Which Biometric Is Right for Your Customers
9.6.21 – SSI – Bobby Varma – Before recommending a modality to a user, integrators must have a detailed understanding of how the biometric identity system will be used.
- What you need to know about facial recognition home security …
9.8.21 – ZDNet – As facial recognition technology becomes more prevalent in home security cameras, it’s important to understand what it is and how it’s used.
- VMS: Think Beyond the Acronym
9.10.21 – SIW – Today’s Video Management System is actually a situational management platform.
- How to Build a Data-Rich Access Control Solution …
9.10.21 – SIW – ROI in data-rich access control solutions is being realized today across some of the world’s leading enterprises.
Fire & EMS News
- OH: Fire in trash compactor fills ProVia building with smoke Friday
9.10.21 – The Times-Reporter. Sugarcreek – Sugarcreek Assist Fire Chief John Meek said the alarm came in about 6 a.m. when an employee at the ProVia stone plant pulled the fire alarm and they saw flames.
- PA: Painters at Work Prompted Hotel Alarm to Sound – The …
9.9.21 – The Post – Painters improving an upper floor at the Best Western Inn on Industrial Highway in Lower Pottsgrove accidentally tripped an alarm Thursday.
- CT: ATM stolen in Killingworth
9.8.21 – Killingworth, CT. (WFSB) – According to Connecticut State Police (CSP), an ATM was stolen from a Shell station in Killingworth shortly after there was an attempted theft of an ATM at the Mobil. Around 2:32 a.m., CSP Troop F received an active glass break alarm at a Mobil station.
- CT: Man Crashes SUV Into Newington Gun Shop, Steals …
9.8.21 – Patch – Newington, CT – Newington police are searching for a suspect who crashed his SUV into Hoffman’s Gun Center and stole several handguns, according …
- CT: Newington police investigating gun shop
9.7.21 – Hartford Courant -Newington police are investigating a burglary at a local gun store Tuesday morning. Police responded to a burglary alarm at Hoffman’s Gun …
- LA: 20000 worth of bikes stolen in Shreveport Honda dealership …
9.11.21 – Shreveport, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Security cameras captured several people breaking in to a Shreveport motorcycle dealership late Friday night, making off with more than $20,000 of merchandise.
- MN: Windows broken at 3 businesses early Tuesday
9.7.21 – Post Bulletin – Windows broken at 3 businesses early Tuesday. Rochester police are investigating the incidents, which began about 4:40 a.m. Tuesday, Sept.
- MO: Cape Girardeau police looking for burglary suspect
9.8.21 – Cape Girardeau, Mo. (KFVS) – Police are looking for a suspect in a burglary at an area gas station. On September 3, just after midnight, Cape Girardeau police responded to a gas station in the 2500 block of Veterans Memorial for a business alarm.
- NC: Asheville Police charge man who broke into business …
9.7.21 – Asheville, NC (FOX Carolina) – Officers said a man was taken into custody after breaking into a business and ran from police Sunday, …
- NE: LPD responds to burglary at Casey’s Convenience Store
9.11.21 – KOLN – Lincoln Police responded to a burglary at a Casey’s Convenience Store near the 500 block of W. Cornhusker Highway Saturday morning.
- NV: Burglar targeted JC Penney at Meadowood Mall
9.9.21 – (KOLO) – Reno Police are looking for the burglar who broke into the JC Penney store at Meadowood Mall. Police say an alarm activated at 4:30 …
- SD: Police Find Sioux Falls Man Drinking Beer Inside Closed Bar
9.11.21 – Sioux Falls, S.D. (AP) – A Sioux Falls man faces burglary charges after police found him afterhours at a bar drinking a beer.
- WI: Pleasant Prairie police seek suspect who stole …
9.6.21 – CBS 58 – Pleasant Prairie police responded to an alarm at the Verizon Wireless store around 3:37 p.m. on Thursday, …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela