Public Safety Updates
- Colo. county 9-1-1 adds NOCO Link video-sharing tool
8.31.22 – The Coloradoan (Fort Collins) The Larimer Emergency Telephone Authority in Larimer County, Colo., has begun using NOCO Link, which allows callers to provide dispatchers with live video. So far, the tool has helped first responders rescue a hiker and determine the best response to a house fire.
- Insta-Analysis: State Farm buys a piece of ADT
9.6.22 – SIW – By Paul Rothman – Analysts say partnership will have far-reaching implications in both the residential security and insurance industries
- Tenn. county 9-1-1 can tap into school security cameras
9.6.22 – WVLT – Dispatchers with Jefferson County 9-1-1 in Tennessee can now access video from security cameras in Jefferson County School District and zoom in to view floor plans and communicate with first responders about where to go in an emergency. There are more than 1,000 cameras inside and outside the district’s 13 schools.
- Pye-Barker Acquires Integrated Security Group in Connecticut
9.9.22 -SSI – The purchase of ISG will help Pye-Barker expand its Northeast footprint to serve additional customers within the Connecticut and surrounding markets.
- Minuteman Security Technologies Acquires Integrator Inlution
9.9.22 -SSI – Minuteman serves the entire state of Maine and the Northeast, describing itself as the region’s largest independent full-service provider of integrated security, communication and life-safety systems.
- Security Alarm Corp. Buys St. Petersburg, Fla.’s All Phase Security
9.8.22 – SSI – The deal marks fifth alarm company acquisition for Security Alarm Corp. in the last 15 months.
- What The Buckingham Palace Intruder Can Teach Us About …
9.8.22 – Forbes – With continuous, proactive, intelligent security in place, false alarms wouldn’t have desensitized the Royal Guard and Police, preventing them.
- Succession Planning: Keeping it in the Family
9.7.22 – SIW – Kelly Bond – An inside look at one security business’s successful transition of ownership, and best practices for succession planning for all integrators
- 4 Segments of Labor Time You Need to Track
8.24.22 – CEPro – One time element of labor cost is obvious to measure, but three others may be adversely affecting your integration company labor profits.
- 37 Tips for Recruiting and Retaining Employees
9.9.22 – CEPro – Security integration company leaders shared their best practices for hiring and retaining employees during a session at last year’s Total Tech Summit. Here’s what they had to say.
- 3 Reasons Radar Is the Missing Link in Your Perimeter Security Offerings
9.7.22 – CEPro – The most effective perimeter security solution is one that utilizes multiple tiers of defense. Here’s how radar detection systems complement other technologies and best practices for deploying these solutions.
- Z-Wave Alliance Rolls Out Free Educational eBook Series on Z-Wave Technology
9.8.22 – SSI – The eBook series is said to serve as the definitive guide to Z-Wave technology and how the Z-Wave protocol addresses serious challenges both now and in the future.
- Inside the Surging Acquisition Market
9.7.22 – SIW – Barry Epstein – A roadmap to the selling process for security integration firms
- Close the Door on Tailgating
9.9.22 – SIA – Sam Joseph – Organizations can mitigate the issue by pairing technology with their security policy
Fire & Life Safety News
- FL: Smoke detectors alerted sleeping couple who escape fire at …
9.6.22 – Fox 13 – Brooksville, Fla. – A Brooksville man heard his smoke detector alarm in the middle of the night, allowing him and his wife to escape a house ..
- MN: Alarm prompts firefighter response –
9.7.22 – Brainerd Dispatch – Brainerd – The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at 7:15 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 7, at Ridgeview Apartments…
- TX: Amarillo Fire Department: Hero rescues elderly, wheelchair …
9.7.22 – Amarillo, Texas (KVII) – The Amarillo Fire Department said a man rescued his elderly, wheelchair bound neighbor from a house fire. The fire started around 7 a.m. Wednesday at a home. The victim “improperly discarded a cigarette” before she fell asleep.
- CA: Suspect Arrested in Alleged Attempted Burglary at Elementary …
9.8.22 – The Epoch Times – A man who police said allegedly attempted to burglarize an elementary school in San Marino, located in northern Los Angeles County, …
- CO: Local Pueblo restaurant suffers two burglaries within a week
9.9.22 – KOAA – Pueblo, CO – Pueblo Police are seeking anyone with information on a series of burglaries at Graham’s Grill on the north side of Pueblo to come forward. Police responded to a burglary alarm that was triggered at 4:00 am Thursday, September 8th.
- KS: Surveillance video captures theft of 3 American Bullies …
9.5.22 – KTVZ – Police on early Saturday morning reported to an alarm going off at Midwest Animal ResQ, located in Raytown.
- LA: Deputies looking for ATM thieves linked to 3 break-ins … –
9.7.22 – WBRZ – Baton Rouge – Investigators are trying to track down a group of criminals who managed to steal two ATMs in just as many days.
- MD: Two arrested in Frostburg burglaries
9.7.22 – Cumberland Times-News – Frostburg – Two people were arrested Tuesday following two morning burglaries in Frostburg, Police Chief Nick Costello said. Joseph Edward Twigg Jr. and Tiffany Ann Gordon, both 30 and from Frostburg, were charged in the incidents at businesses on East Main and Grant streets.
- MI: Suspect accused of breaking into store for cigarettes, lottery …
9.11.22 – WNEM – Police arrested a suspect who is accused of breaking into a convenience store and stealing cigarettes and lottery tickets.
- NH: Masked and prepared, thieves broke into a Dunbarton …
9.7.22 -Concord Monitor – Masked and prepared, thieves broke into a Dunbarton convenience store and nabbed cash from ATM inside. Dubarton police are investigating the .
- NJ: False Alarm Prompts Lockdown at Morris County Tech
9.8.22 – TAPinto – They said the incident took place at about 10:20 a.m., prompting them to respond to the school along with the Morris County Office of Emergency …
- OH: Woman accused of vandalizing cemetery, bank …
9.7.22 – Oxford, Ohio (WXIX) – A woman has been arrested for allegedly defacing a headstone, vandalizing a bank, and stealing from a neighbor.
- PA: Wilkes-Barre man charged with stealing $5,000 worth of …
9.93.22 – Times Leader – Wilkes-Barre – City police charged Harry Eugene Gordon, 50, with burglarizing the Citgo service station on South Pennsylvania Avenue and …
- WA: Armed suspect sought after bank robbery in Oak Harbor
9.9.22 – KIRO – Oak Harbor, Wash. – Oak Harbor police are searching for an armed suspect who robbed a bank Friday morning.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela