Public Safety Updates
- TN: Chattanooga Police Now Only Responding To Certain Burglar …
9.6.23 – Chattanoogan.com – Chattanooga Police said they have not stopped responding to burglar alarms, but they are “prioritizing burglar alarm calls like we do all other calls and determining the appropriate response to the call.” Kevin West, CPD spokesman, said the response is based on “the data we receive from the alarm company.”
- TX: Short-staffed Austin police ask robbery victims not to call …
9.5.23 – New York Post – Police in Austin, Texas are asking residents to call 311 if they get robbed near an ATM as the department struggles amid staffing shortages.
- Crime-fighting fog hits shoplifters as retail theft spirals out of …
9.4.23 – FOX Business – FOX Business host Stuart Varney says “it’s easy to blame liberal district attorneys” who don’t take action to curb thefts. A disorienting and blinding fog connected to a store’s alarm is a relatively new security measure to stop would-be thieves as organized retail crime spirals out of control.
- Legal Briefing: Do You Face Liability for Installing a Noncode Fire Alarm?
9.5.23 – SSI – Ken Kirschenbaum – The legal obligation to install and maintain a fire alarm in good operation is generally imposed by law on the property owner.
- Monitoring Matters: PERS and Lifestyle Management Opportunities
9.5.23 – SSI – Peter Giacalone – The introduction and adoption of evolving technologies created a window for global organizations to move in and leave traditionalists behind.
- SSI’s 2023 Commercial Security End Users Forum: Customers Come Clean
9.6.23 – SSI – Erin Harrington – All the technology in the world matters little without clear communication between an integrator and the client.
- How Edge AI Enhances Video Surveillance
9.7.23 – SIW -Learn how artificial intelligence processing has improved, along with use-cases for integrators
- Pros & Cons: Bleeding Edge Security Tech
9.7.23 – SIW – A closer look at the benefits and risks as integrators turn to newer, largely unproven technologies to improve margin
- Wi-Fi 6: The Next Generation of Smart Home Networking
9.7.23 – Learn more about the advantages of the protocol, as well as deployment tips for integrators
- The Smart Money: Access Control’s Role in Multi-Family Housing
9.7.23 – SIW – While adoption is still in the early phases, many major builders are incorporating high-tech access solutions
- 3 Ways to Expand Smart Home Offerings
9.7.23 – SIW – Residential security integrators are well suited to add these technologies to their services
- CA: Deputies searching for suspect who burglarized Dollar …
9.4.23 – Lucerne Valley, Calif. (VVNG.com) – Deputies are asking for the public’s help in identifying a burglary suspect who broke into Dollar General in Lucerne Valley. On Tuesday, August 29, 2023, at 1:05 a.m., deputies responded to an audible alarm at the business.
- CA: House In Crescent Park Neighborhood Burglarized For …
9.8.23 – SFGATE – The burglars broke glass in one of the home’s locked rear doors about 8:30 p.m. Thursday. The home’s burglar alarm sounded, waking a woman and …
- GA: Atlanta clothing store facing troubling break-ins
9.6.23 – 11Alive.com – The store, According to Fashion in Decatur — which is celebrating two years of business, keeps facing break-ins.
- IL: Pawn shop burglars seen carrying rifles with …
9.8.23 – newsbreak.com – Springfield, Ill. (WAND) – Three people have been arrested in relation to a burglary on Wednesday night. Around 10:30 p.m., the Springfield …
- MD: Police: ATM stolen from cannabis dispensary in Anne Arundel …
9.5.23 – CBS – Baltimore – Police in Anne Arundel County are searching for the suspects who broke into a cannabis dispensary and made off with an ATM. At 3 a.m. Monday morning, Anne Arundel County police said officers responded to a burglar alarm at Green Point Wellness in Linthicum.
- NE: Three suspects identified in Central Nebraska Verizon burglary investigation
9.7.23 – Kearney, Neb. (KSNB) – Arrest warrants for Burglary, a Class 2A felony, have been obtained for 33-year-old Anthony Michael Jordan and 32-year-old Marcus Anthony Brown both of St. Louis.
- OK: Police Catch Group Burglarizing SW OKC Dispensary, 2 …
9.6.23 – News on 6 – Two men were arrested on Wednesday in connection to the burglary of a southwest Oklahoma City dispensary, according to police. Two additional suspects fled on foot and were not located during an extensive search. Police believe four suspects cut power to the 46 Releaf Dispensary and broke in through a back window.
- TN: Man wanted after robbing a Memphis jewelry store, police …
9.9.23 – FOX13 Memphis – Man wanted after robbing a Memphis jewelry store, police say · Man wanted for stealing multiple diamond rings from a Memphis jewelry store, …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.