- GA: Fannin swaps drafts on Alarm Ordinance with changes
8.3.22 – FANNIN COUNTY, Ga. – Set to take effect in September, Fannin County approved its new Alarm Ordinance in June 2022, but indicated the wrong draft in the official motion.
- Has crime increased in states that legalized marijuana? The …
8.1.22 – Washington Examiner – The analysis found that after legalizing cannabis, most states’ crime levels generally followed the national average. After legalization, crime …
- ADT Authorized Dealer Safe Haven Fined $125K for Deceptive Sales Practices
8.2.22 – SSI – An investigation was opened after a whistleblower provided the Minnesota Attorney General’s
- ANSI public comment period open for TMA-AVS-01 Alarm …
7.27.22 – SIW – ANSI public comment period open for TMA-AVS-01 Alarm Validation Standard. July 27, 2022. Review and comments due by September 13, 2022.
- Legal Brief: Training Matters
8.2.22 – SIW – A massive settlement in the Champlain Towers condo collapse put security technology training in …
- Vulnerability in Dahua’s ONVIF Implementation Discovered by …
8.1.22 – SSI – The vulnerability reportedly could be abused by attackers to access Dahua cameras with full privileges, including watching live video footage.
- Why developers should be the human firewall in the supply …
8.3.22 – SIW – Why developers should be the human firewall in the supply chain. Organizations must focus on the talent already in their organization to help improve the security posture and reduce supply chain-embedded vulnerabilities.
Fire & EMS News
- TX FF Falls Through Roof of Warehouse
8.5.22 – Firehouse.com – The Houston firefighter suffered minor injuries after falling through the roof while battling blaze at a school bus warehouse.
- CA: Oakland store manager chases away thieves then cops detain …
8.1.22 – CBS – The manager of a family-run liquor store said he chased away two would-be robbers but then officers mistook him for a miscreant and …
- IL: Police: Decatur man high on meth during burglary
8.1.22 – Herald Review – Shane M. Jones, 32, was being held in the Macon County Jail Monday and has yet to enter a formal plea on a charge of burglary.
- KS: Three KC pharmacies burglarized overnight within an house
8.5.22 – KCTV – Three KC pharmacies burglarized overnight within an hour. FILE — Two Walgreens and a CVS were burglarized Friday morning in Kansas City.
- LA: Burglar breaking into Lakeview and Lake Vista homes …
8.4.22 – Newsbreak – According to investigators, on Tuesday, the suspect seen in the image above burglarized three homes in the Lakeview and Lake Vista area.
- MD: ‘Old man bandit’ charged with bank robberies in Bethesda, Gaithersburg
8.5.22 – Frederick man has a history of bank robberies spanning 45 years, police say
- MO: Three Midtown pharmacies broken into overnight
8.5.22 – KSHB – Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department detectives say thieves struck three Midtown pharmacies overnight within about a two-mile radius at …
- OH: Truck crashes into Columbus camera store, police searching …
8.5.22 – The Columbus Dispatch – Stolen truck crashes into Columbus camera store, police searching for suspect. Columbus police are searching for a suspect after a pickup truck drove into a North Linden camera store Friday morning. Officers were dispatched to Midwest Photo.
- OH: Vandalia Police Chief credits officers for preventing potential …
8.2.22 – WKEF – “Recovering the weapons and ammunition that were in his possession, we likely prevented some catastrophe or some tragedy from occurring. The …
- ON: Break and Enter at Store in Shakespeare
8.3.22 – HeartFM – Approximately $3000 worth of jewelry was stolen from a business on Fraser Street. SHAKESPEARE – There’s an ongoing investigation in …
- OR: Man arrested, charged in attempted theft at Coos Bay business
8.1.22 – KPIC – A man is jailed after an attempted theft at a Coos Bay business. Police say just before 11 p.m. Sunday night, 47-year-old Justin Britton was …
- TN: Man held at gunpoint in own apartment fires back at robber
8.3.22 – NASHVILLE (WSMV) – Metro Police arrested a man for breaking into an Antioch apartment and robbing someone at gunpoint. The victim was only able …
- TX: More than 20 businesses burglarized in Kingwood after …
8.1.22 – Montgomery County Police Reporter— Houston police are looking for at least two suspects in the Kingwood area after more than 20 businesses had their doors smashed in and …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela