Public Safety Updates
- TX: FSISD false alarm provides test run
8.24.21 – Fort Stockton Pioneer – The Fort Stockton Independent School District received insight into how their newly acquired CopSync Alarm program would work this past week. An alarm was set off at a teacher’s desk at one of the Fort Stockton ISP campuses on Aug. 20.
- WA: Fire Marshals reminding landlords of WA smoke alarm laws
8.26.21 – Washington State Fire Marshal’s Office reminds landlords of the life-saving rules regarding smoke alarms. … “Approximately 72% of those fatalities occurred in homes without working smoke alarms,” according to a press release by Deputy State Fire Marshal Robert Wittenberg.
- Man makes payments for 8 years for alarm system he says …
8.23.21 – KPRC – HOUSTON – Recurring monthly charges and auto drafts can easily slip your mind if you’re not checking your bank and credit card statements.
- 8.26.21- WOAI – Home alarm system becomes costly nuisance for man paralyzed from the neck down. by April Molina. Thursday, August 26th 2021.
State & National News
- Start prepping now – 10-digit dialing for local calls starts Oct. 24
8.23.21 – Greene County News – Beginning October 24, 2021, all Iowans with numbers in the 319 and 515 area codes must use 10-digit dialing for all local calls.
- This is how AI competes with sprinkler and fire alarm systems
8.24.21 – Tech News Insight— This article compares AI with traditional fire protection system and sprinkler in various disciplines to see which procedure has the most …
- 8.26.21- Fast Casual – Pizza Guys CEO Shahpour Nejad explains his company’s approach to employee hiring and retention and why it’s important to listen to …
- Making the Business Case for Adding Video With Advanced Intelligence
8.26.21 – SSI- The evolution of software-driven video management, access control and alarm system technologies has resulted in new business use cases.
- How Trusted Identities of the Future Will Fulfill the Convenience Factor
8.27.21 – A combination of biometrics and Cloud-based identity technologies immediately meet clients’ expectations by making the user experience more convenient.
- You Can Bank on Every Home Having Voice Control in 10 Years
8.24.21- SSi – Privacy concerns aside, voice control is set to become the most important change to user interface design since the
- Experts: No easy fix to the worsening ransomware epidemic
8.27.21 – SIW – Cybersecurity professionals also caution policymakers against banning ransomware payments outright
Fire & EMS News
- KS: One dead after Shawnee KS home caught fire, deputy chief says
8.24.21 – Kansas City Star – A 53-year-old man has died after a Shawnee KS home caught fire Monday night, according to the ..
- MO: Missouri Sheriff’s deputy saved by Apple Watch after …
8.23.21 – iLounge – The Apple Watch has been credited for helping with rescuing a sheriff’s deputy after she experienced a car crash in Missouri. Benton County Deputy Chasady Botteron was driving home on August 10 when she had a medical event and crashed into a fence.
- CA: Cops Rush To Lady Gaga’s Mansion After … –
8.24.21 – Radar Online – Cops Rush To Lady Gaga’s Mansion After Home Security Goes Off, No Evidence Of Burglary Found At Scene.
- CA: Hourslong Police Standoff Ends With Arrest In ATM Burglaries
8.24.21 – Patch – Hourslong Police Standoff Ends With Arrest In ATM Burglaries – Santa Cruz, CA – Santa Cruz saw several ATM burglaries in recent days, …
- CO: Mesa Jewelers moving past burglary as …
8.27.21 – The Daily Sentinel – Thus far, though, police have not had many leads on the suspect or their whereabouts. “The investigation into the burglary that took place at …
- CT: Overnight burglary reported at Apple store
8.25.21 – Fairfield Citizen – Greenwich – The Apple store on lower Greenwich Avenue was hit by burglars early Wednesday, police said. The suspects broke into the store, according to police, but they failed in an attempt to get away with 13 iPhones.
- IL: Man sentenced to six years for tavern burglary
8.23.21 – Efflingham Daily News – Craig E. Summers, 50, pleaded guilty to burglary in Effingham County Circuit Court recently and was sentenced to six years in Illinois …
- NC: ATM damaged in attempted robbery
8.26.21 – Cornelius Today – ATM damaged in attempted robbery … Aug. 26. A thief or thieves tried to bust open the Bank of the Ozarks ATM on West Catawba, but apparently …
- NE: Burglaries reported at three GI businesses overnight
8.23.21 – KSNB -Officers responded to Check Into Cash at 1:47 a.m. Monday regarding an alarm. Upon arrival on scene, there was a storefront window broken out and a metal pole leaning up against a parking lot sign.
- PA: First of 3 Brothers Sentenced for Attempting to Steal Guns from …
8.24.21 – A resident of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, has been sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment on a charge of conspiracy, United States Attorney Stephen R. Kaufman announced today.
- WA: CID business owners frustrated after spate of break-ins
8.26.21 – Northwest Asian Weekly – Seattle’s police chief had lunch with Chinatown-International District (CID) business owners on Aug. 24 -who are on edge after recent break-ins …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela