Public Safety Updates
- CA: NEW ALARM REGISTRATION PROGRAM
6.29.22 – City of San Ramon – The City of San Ramon is launching a new Alarm Registration Program, beginning Friday, July 1, 2022.
- Revisions to cable requirements in the 2023 National Electrical Code®
6.16.22 – Cabling Installation & Maintenance – Classes 1, 2, 3, and 4, communications, fire alarm, and optical fiber cables are all addressed in the NEC.
- AI-powered smart pet door knows when to let Fido in
6.29.22 – Yanko Design – The Petvation aluminum pet door taps artificial intelligence to recognize furry little ones and slide open for them. The device can recognize up to 32 pets and be controlled remotely via a smartphone app.
- MSCS approves $5.5M in security upgrades to keep kids safe ..
6.28.22 – Fox 13 – Memphis – Tuesday, the Memphis-Shelby County School District, in a unanimous vote, approved $5.5 million for school safety and security measures. The …
- Pa. bill to require interconnected smoke detectors in family child care homes
6.30.22 – SIW – Measure would be the latest in a string of changes triggered by 2019 fire that claimed the lives of five children
- How AI Is Changing the Smart Home Market
6.29.22 – CEPro – Artificial Intelligence (AI) features like audio detection and facial recognition boost awareness and lower prices for smart home/IoT gear.
- 6 Steps to Realize Your Business Vision (Business Visioneering: Part 2)
7.1.22 – SSI – Business guru Paul Boucherle provides a simple exercise that can help you “visualize” your business vision.
- Rapidly deployed video surveillance options gain traction
7.1.22 – SIW – Steve Lasky – Solutions like those from LiveView Technologies look to solve big league security problems
- Hikvision issues firmware update to address security threats
6.23.22 – SIW – Recently discovered vulnerabilities reportedly impact some of the company’s video storage products
Fire & EMS News
- MA: Reading residents forced to relocate after pipe burst at …
6.27.22 – Boston 25 – Reading, Mass. – Dozens of seniors were evacuated from an assisted living facility Monday after a pipe burst and damaged electrical panels.
- CA: Burglars Disable Alarm Systems at San Dimas Businesses
6.30.22 – NBC4 Los Angeles – Thieves temporarily disabled alarm systems and burglarized three restaurants in San Dimas. Angie Crouch reports June 29, 2022.
- CA: Hillsborough police ask public for help arresting …
7.2.22 – Newsbreak – Hillsborough, Calif. – Hillsborough police are asking the public for help in apprehending the suspects in three burglaries that happened …
- MS: Burglar Alarms and a Breathalyzer in Neshoba
7.2.22 -KIXS – 6:01 a.m. – Neshoba Deputies were asked to bring a portable breathalyzer to the Silver Star Casino for possible underage drinking. 9:43 a.m. – …
- NY: Ohio Pair Arrested for Robbery Spree Including North East …
7.1.22 – Erie News Now – DeAndre Thorington, 32, and Jeremy Martin, 30, committed the robberies between Feb. 11 and June 6, according to the criminal complaint filed by …
- PA: Attempted UPS burglary
7.1.22 – Fox43 – Attempted UPS burglary leaves two in custody with other suspects escaping. A 19-year-old and minor were apprehended at the scene for the ..
- TX: Police set up perimeter at Union Square Credit Union after …
6.28.22 – KFDX – Union Square Credit Union, located at 1401 Holiday, is the scene of a possible robbery. Around 3:15 p.m. panic alarm was received and police …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela