- US Court of Appeals upholds Sandy Springs’ alarm ordinance …
7.20.21 – Northside Neighbor – The city of Sandy Springs has won the latest battle in an ongoing legal war between it and a trade organization regarding its amended alarm …
State & National News
- Regional Accents Affect Voice Control Experience
7.23.20 – CEPro – A story from the website Gear Hungry states that St. Louis residents have the most understandable accent for voice control platforms, while Maine residents have the least understandable accent.
- Builder Confidence Survey Rises to Pre-Pandemic Levels
7.20.20 – SSI – NAHB/Wells Fargo index is derived from a monthly survey of builders that gauges sales expectations and traffic of prospective buyers.
- COVID-19 Becomes Chief Challenge Among Industry’s ‘Best’ Companies
7.24.20 – SSI – 2020 “Best of the Best” winners address critical challenges brought upon the security industry by COVID-19 and how they are dealing with them.
- Improving Your Audiovisual Company’s Culture: Actionable Steps to Take Right Now
7.22.20 – CI – It’s about time you put thought into your audiovisual company culture: are your employees your customers too? Do you make a discipline out of recognition?
- Marketing Tips for Security Dealers: Search Engine Optimization
7.22.20 – SSI – Here’s how installing security contractors can easily make the most of low-cost marketing tactics like SEO so your customers find you with ease.
- 5 Questions Integrators Should Be Asking About Indoor Air Quality
7.23.20 – CEPro – Many companies are hard at work creating safe and effective IAQ products, but how should integrators approach the category? Panasonic offers some advice
- Magnetic Installation Tools You Won’t Want to Get Caught Without
7.21.20 – SSI – Tech expert Bob Dolph drills down on alarm contacts as well as other magnet-related applications that can improve integrators’ lives.
- Top Tech Tips for Security Locks & Door Hardware Installs
7.20.20 – SDM – If there is one good thing that has come out of this forced “down time” due to the coronavirus, it has been the opportunity to spend some time learning new …
Fire & EMS News
- MD: Smoke Alarms Save Occupant and Dog After Structure Fire in …
7.21.20 – smnewsnet.com – Crews arrived on the scene to find fire showing from a 2-story residence. The owner/occupant is identified as Gerald Eades.
- AL: Alabama police officer surprised by alarm thumper
7.19.20 – News Break.com – SPRINGVILLE, Ala. – Springville Police Department Sgt. Brian Williams hopped on an alarm call June 27 only to be surprised by what tripped the alarm – a …
- CA: Employee finds juveniles breaking into classrooms at Morgan …
7.22.20 — Victorville, Calif. (VVNG.com) — On Sunday, July 19th, at about 5:00 PM an employee of the school responded to the campus after an alarm was triggered.
- MA: Northampton Police arrest suspect who broke into Urban …
7.24.20 – WWLP – A man was arrested after police responded to the Urban Outfitters on Main Street in Northampton for an alarm sounding Wednesday evening.
- MI: Police investigating auto dealership break-in in Wyoming …
7.26.20- Wyoming, Mich. (WOOD) — The City of Wyoming Police Department is investigating a break-in at a car dealership. It happened just before 6 …
- OH: Flying bat triggers house alarm: Olmsted Falls Police Blotter …
7.23.20 -Cleveland.com – The dispatcher spoke with the homeowner, who said a bat in the basement set off the alarm.
- OH: Middletown police still searching for suspect in gas station …
7.24.20 -Journal News – Middletown police are still searching for a man who allegedly robbed a gas station on Sunday. Police responded to the Crown East gas station,
- PA: Burglar fires handgun to get into pharmacy and then again to …
7.22.20 – lehighvalleylive.com– A 37-year-old former employee used a 9mm handgun late Tuesday night to blast his way into a closed pharmacy in Bethlehem and again to get at some drugs in a cabinet, but set off a burglar alarm and was arrested soon after as he drove away,
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela