Public Safety Updates
- CA: Menifee City Council in heated debate on proposed …
7.16.21 — Valley News – A very heated discussion on the rise of non-emergency burglar alarms and mandatory burglar alarm registration in the July 7 Menifee City .
- MA: Brookline Police Respond To Multiple False Alarms
7.13.21 – Patch – The department said it would rather get calls that turn out to be nothing than respond in the aftermath of a disaster.
- Florida Surveillance Techs Charged With Video Voyeurism
7.14.21 – SSI – The two men were arrested for viewing live and archived video of a man and woman in various stages of undress.
- Ring Devices Just Got Much Harder to Hack
7.15.21 – CEPro – Ring adds video end-to-end encryption for extra layer of security. Videos can now only be viewed on enrolled mobile devices.
- Modern Trends in Building Automation
7.16.21 – SSI – Coming out of the pandemic and facing increased work-from-home scenarios, smart building owners are creating strategies to increase space utilization.
- Buy-Sell Agreements: Beware Those Who Purport ‘This Is Industry Standard’
7.14.21 – SSI – Most provisions in buy-sell agreements are negotiable. While some terms are more common than others that doesn’t mean they fit every deal.
- Why Communication With Customers Is Important Amid Supply Chain Issues
7.13.21 – CI – Communicating with customers as you deal with global supply chain issues will help your integration firm in the long rung.
- What Are Employees Biggest Concerns About Returning to the Office?
7.15.21 – CI: Qualtrics conducted a study of adult employees across the U.S. that found attire, office conditions, and various others as top concerns.
- Pandemic Steers Vector Security to New Solutions
7.16.21 – SSI – COVID best practices, managed services, and working smarter and more efficiently by utilizing technology all contributed to Vector being named an SSI 2021 Installer of the Year runner-up.
- Study: Security leaders expect to see an increase in physical threats in wake of pandemic
7.16.21 – SIW – Physical, IT security professionals discuss the challenges facing their organizations as businesses prepare to reopen
- AZ: Video: Man who shot at Phoenix police thought they broke into …
7.15.21 – Azcentral.com – Moments after the shooting outside Ernest Kaufmann’s home that left him injured, he could be heard telling the officers who had been trying to …
- CA: Chico business owner looks to fight back against thieves
7.13.21 – KRCR – Bob Tolar owns North State Audio Visual located in a remote north Chico industrial park with very little traffic.
- CA: Tiburon police investigate burglary spree –
7.14.21 – Ark Newspaper – Tiburon police have arrested a man allegedly connected to one home burglary and are urging residents to stay vigilant as the department …
- CO: 2 juveniles face second-degree burglary charges after break …
7.13.21 – Greeley Tribune – At 1:32 a.m., Greeley police officers responded to a burglary alarm at the Bella Romero Academy K-3 Campus. Officers observed the school had …
- CT: Man Caught Burglarizing Home In Hamden: Police
7.12.21 – Patch – Man Caught Burglarizing Home In Hamden: Police – Hamden, CT – The burglar alarm was activated around 2 a.m., according to police.
- IL: Burglar Tried To Pry Open Door To Home In Downers Grove …
7.13.21 – Patch – Police say the burglary attempt triggered the home’s security alarm while the homeowner was at church. Lisa Marie Farver’s profile picture.
- MA: Norfolk police searching for a man accused of having sex with …
7.17.21- Boston Herald – The man then assaulted the horse, according to Swarr, and she was notified via a surveillance alarm system, which captured the act, despite the …
- MO: Wash Ave business broken into; thousands gone … –
7.12.21 – KMOV – Saturday, the alarms of a downtown St. Louis City business started going off to a burglary caught on camera. Emad Haroun owns iWorld, a technology store …
- NE: Burglars pull off another break-in at Lincoln smoke shop …
7.14.21 – Journal Star – Lincoln police responded to an alarm at Cloud 9 Smoke Shop near 50th Street and Old Cheney Road, where officers found a shattered window, …
- NJ: Arrest Made in Back-to-Back Pharmacy Robberies in Wayne …
7.16.21 – Tap Into Wayne – Wayne, NJ – After a month-long investigation into back-to-back overnight robberies at the Plains Pharmacy in the Valley Ridge Shopping …
- NV: Dental-office worker in Nevada accused of stealing $22K …
7.15.21 – NEXSTAR – Sheriff’s detectives arrested a dental office employee who they say burglarized a Nevada dental office and later admitted to extracting 13 teeth from a single patient, despite not having a license for the procedure. … She was also arrested on one gross misdemeanor count of conspiracy to commit burglary.
- OH: Man beats woman outside gas station; two arrested after …
7.17.21 – Cleveland.com – Man beats woman outside gas station; two arrested after breaking into store: Brook Park Police Blotter…
- OH: Southern Ohio Man Arrested for Breaking into Dollar General …
The Scioto Post – Southern Ohio Man Arrested for Breaking into Dollar General Stealing Hundreds in Merchandise … Scioto County – A man was caught red-handed …
- VT: Morning burglary targets The Wine Vault
7.15.21 – Waterbury Roundabout – On Wednesday morning just around dawn, the burglar alarm at The Wine Vault in downtown Waterbury went off, alerting police to an intruder in …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Alberto Hook
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Vacant
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Kerri McDonald