- Distributors Adjust to Aid Integrators During Coronavirus Pandemic
7.8.20 – CEPro – Curbside pickup, virtual trainings, extended terms and online ordering gain priority amid lockdowns, and some suppliers have even provided PPE for dealers.
State & National News
- Police looking for “suspicious males” offering security services …
7.8.20 – Milton Independent – Police are asking for help in identifying a “suspicious” pair of men presenting themselves as home security technicians offering to “rese
- Campus Safety Summit Tackles How Schools, Colleges Can Reopen Safely During COVID-19
7.10.20 – SSI – All of the CSOS virtual presentations are now available on-demand at no charge for campuses struggling with how to respond to the coronavirus.
- The New Normal for Security Monitoring, Support & Staffing
7.10.20 – SSI – Although the security and safety industry maintains focus on redundancy and business continuity, it appears that most were not prepared for something like COVID-19.
- Can AV Integrators Combat Videoconferencing Fatigue in the New Normal?
7.10.20 – CI – As we settle into remote work, videoconferencing fatigue is becoming part of our new reality. AV integrators should be equipped to help combat it.
- How Business Leaders Can Help Employees Better Manage Their Mental Health
7.7.20 – CI – Pandemic, racial equality demonstrations and more social justice demonstrations are placing higher-than-normal stress on workers. Here’s how you can help.
- What’s Your Liability with Takeover Jobs?
7.9.20 – CI – Key questions regarding takeover jobs revolve around the ownership of the ‘abandoned’ equipment, and the status of the previous dealer’s contract.
- Why COVID-19 Is Accelerating Adoption of Cloud-Based Unified Communications
7.6.20 – SSI – Opportunities are arising for integrators to help end users accelerate migration to a Cloud-based unified communications and collaboration (UCC) model.
Fire & EMS News
- PA: Alarm Sounds at Precision Polymer Products Inc. – The Post
7.7.20 – The Post – Firefighters, fire police, and ambulances from Pottstown stations and assisting fire companies moved Monday night on an alarm at Precision …
- WA: Two boys arrested in connection to Karsher Elementary …
7.7.20 – KOMO – Puyallup firefighters responded to the elementary … Police: Karsher Elementary School fire caused by fireworks …
- CA: KCSO deputies respond to alarm call, find bear inside Pine …
7.10.20 – ABC 23 – Bakersfield, Calif. — Deputies in the Frazier Park area found a bear inside of a home Friday evening. According to the Kern County Sheriff’s Office, Friday evening around 7:30 p.m. deputies were dispatched to a home in Pine Mountain Club for an alarm.
- CA: Man arrested following vandalism at La Quinta businesses …
7.8.20 – NBC Palm Springs – Businesses were vandalized Tuesday night in La Quinta leading to the arrest of 36-year-old Marco Trujillo. Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to an
- CA: Transient, 22, arrested in connection to multiple burglaries in …
7.8.20 – Victorville, Calif. (VVNG.com) — A 22-year-old transient was arrested in connection to multiple commercial burglaries in the City of …
- CT: Fairview Officers Nab Pre-Dawn Burglary Trio At Major Area …
7.6.20 – Daily Voice – A trio of Fairview police officers nabbed three burglars as they tried to flee the lot of one of the area’s largest truck dealers.Officers Ralph …
- ID: Caldwell PD: man arrested after trying to steal power tools …
7.7.20 – idahonews.com – A man is facing burglary charges in Caldwell after police officers say they found him inside of a Caldwell business early Monday morning.
- MI: Man with 26 convictions accused of holding up Bay County 7 …
7.9.20 – mLive – Ypsilanti man accused of robbing 7-Eleven in Bay County. Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may …
- MS: Preston man arrested in two Philadelphia business burglaries …
7.10.20 – Neshoba Democrat – A Preston man has been arrested and charged in connection with two burglaries of businesses in town. Gregory Anton Clemons, 25, of Preston …
- NE: Police: Case of iPads stolen from Best Buy early Wednesday …
7.8.20 – KETV – Police: Case of iPads stolen from Best Buy early Wednesday morning … of Apple iPads was stolen from a Best Wednesday morning. According to Lincoln Police Department, officers responded to a burglary alarm around 4:20 a.m..
- NE: Police: Man Who Broke Into Clinic to Escape Storms Left Note …
7.10.20 – Lincoln, Neb. (AP) — A man accused of breaking into a Lincoln medical clinic to escape strong thunderstorms wasn’t hard to track down, police said, because he left a note on the door. Officers were called to the MedExpress Urgent Care in east Lincoln around 1:30 a.m.
- NM: Two men accused of burglarizing church, stealing hand sanitizer
7.7.20 – Raymond Blackie and Landis Benally are accused of burglarizing Mountain View Baptist Church on June 25. Some of the allegedly stolen items include pennies and a gallon-bottle of hand sanitizer.
- OK: Kaw Nation seeks help for break-in at market
7.9.20 – Ponca City – On Monday, July 6, 2020 at approximately 3:01 a.m. the Kaw Nation Police Department received a call from Juniors Safes and Alarms that an …
- TX: Woman found shot to death in Houston
7.10.20 – KHOU – Security alarm alerts police to woman found shot to death inside home in Houston’s northside. There are no suspects in custody.
- WI: More than 30 firearms stolen from town of Deerfield gun store …
7.6.20 – WKOW – More than 30 firearms were stolen from Smitty’s Guns, in the town of Deerfield, on Sunday morning, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office reported. … at the business at 7:14 am on Sunday, and discovered that burglars … than 30 firearms, Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Elise Schaffer said in a …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela