Public Safety Updates
- FL: Volusia alarm calls now answered faster thanks to new ASAP …
7.7.21 – News 13 – The system has already resulted in about 1200 fewer calls to VSO dispatchers.
- TX: Humble institutes new fees for false alarms
7.5.21 – Patch – Dozens of false alarm calls for fire, police and emergency services have resulted in the city of Humble setting a new penalty schedule.
- A new approach to PERS
7-9-21 – SIW – Rescu looks to untether PERS users from hardware via its app-based solution
- Report: Video surveillance market proves resilient in wake of Covid-19
7-7-21 – SIW – Research firm predicts global market will grow by over 14 percent in 2021 and be worth an estimated $24.5B
- Why Temperature Monitoring Is Critical in a Post-Pandemic/Herd Immunity Environment
7.9.21 -SSI – The medical consensus is that temperature scanning solutions will be used as general gateway health monitors even after COVID-19 is defeated, or at least at herd immunity levels.
- Navigating Workplace Vaccine Requirements For Integrators
7.6.21 – CI – With vaccines rolled out, integration firms must develop their own policies around workplace vaccinations, but mandates should be avoided, HR experts say.
- Leadership In A Small Business
7.7.21 – CI – Leaders should pay attention to their employees’ needs as they work around the clock to help customers overcome pandemic challenges.
- Leading Integrators Say Talent Shortage Bigger Challenge Than Pandemic
7.9.21 – SSI – Installer of the Year finalists share their biggest challenges and how they are trying to address them.
- How Video Analytics Implementation is Changing Smart Home Security
7.7.21 – CEPro – Video analytics technologies like facial recognition and motion detection will play a major role in the future of smart homes, so integrators should stay up-to-date on the latest in smart security.
- GPS Security Group Deploys Calipsa False Alarm Reduction Platform
7.6.21- SSI – GPS Security Group, serving Western Canada, is the third Canadian central monitoring station to adopt the Cloud-
Fire & EMS
- FL: Two adults, child safe after smoke alarm alerts them to house …
7.9.21 – First Coast News – A family is safe after a fire broke out in their home early Friday morning on Jacksonville’s Southside.
- GA: 11-year-old alerts siblings, helps save family during …
7.9.21 – Douglas County, Ga. (CBS46) — An 11-year-old and working smoke alarms helped save several children from a house fire on the morning of July 4. … Investigators learned the fire was initially seen by the 11-year-old who in turn alerted his siblings, and then working fire alarms went off.
- NC: Person dies after carbon monoxide emergency at Charlotte …
7.6.21 – Charlotte, N.C. – One person died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning during a fire at an east Charlotte apartment complex Tuesday morning, fire officials said. … Firefighters said a small fire started in the apartment due to unattended cooking. The first was already out when firefighters got to the home.
- CA: Police allege burglary suspects found on top of Chico …
7.11.21 – Enterprise Record – Chico – Chico Police Department says it has arrested three suspects after finding them on the roof of the Chico Marketplace. The arrests took …
- CA: Suspects caught on camera burglarizing Campbell jewelry store
7.9.21 – (KRON) – A jewelry store in Campbell was burglarized early Friday morning and it was all caught on camera. Around 3 a.m., burglary suspects …
- IA: DMPD arrest man for burglarizing businesses, homes on …
7.11.21 – KCCI – The Des Moines Police Department has arrested a man who went on a stealing spree near Merle Hay Mall Saturday night. Des Moines police said Matthew Seay tried to break into a business, several homes and even stole two cars. … Authorities arrested him near Bankers Trust after he abandoned the vehicle.
- IL: Police investigating burglary at Evansville business
7.11.21 – (WFIE) – Police are investigating after a business window had been busted out in Evansville. It happened at the eastside Napa Auto Parts early …
- MN: Burglary reported at Rochester dry cleaners
7.6.21 – Rochester – Post-Bulletin- The glass front door to the business was broken with a rock or piece of concrete early Saturday, July 3, 2021. A Rochester dry cleaners was broken into early Saturday and approximately $125 was taken. Rochester police received an alarm at a business just before 12:30 a.m.
- MO: CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Wash Ave business broken into; thousands gone in merchandise and damage
7.10.21 – KMOV – Around 4 a.m. Saturday, the alarms of a downtown St. Louis City business started going off to a burglary caught on camera.
- MS: Break-in at Natchez Powersports
7.7.21 – The Democrat – Natchez – Adams County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a break-in at Natchez Powersports.
- NE: Thieves Target Two Businesses Overnight …
7.9.21 – KLIN – Lincoln Police are investigating two overnight break-ins. Police first were …
- OH: FBI arrests Toledo man for robbery of Elyria pawn shop at …
7.7.21 – News 5- Elyria – A 26-year-old Toledo man has been arrested by federal authorities for robbing an Elyria pawn shop at gunpoint last month.
- OH: Robbery suspect makes bomb threat at Centerville bank
7.9.21 – Centerville, Ohio (WKEF) – Police are looking for a robbery suspect who reportedly threatened the bank with a bomb. Centerville Police …
- OR: Medford police fatally shoot man while responding to alarm …
7.7.21 – Medford, Ore. (AP) – Police in Medford shot and killed a man Wednesday while responding to an alarm at a local business. The man was …
- PA: Cambria County man charged for burglary of tobacco store
7.7.21 – WTAJ – According to charges filed, Matthew Greene, 35, of Twin Rocks, broke into Smokers Square on July 4. Police responded to a burglar alarm that went off early in the morning according to police. At the scene they saw that the front door and a side window were smashed in.
- SK: Saskatoon officer injured in fight with suspect who pulled a fire …
7.5.21 – Saskatoon / 650 CKOM – Saskatoon officer injured in fight with suspect who pulled a fire alarm. A Saskatoon police officer is recovering from an injury after a false alarm call turned violent. … The 37-year-old man is expected to appear in court today charged with assaulting a police officer, mischief and weapons offences.
- TX: Amarillo police arrest man after investigating burglaries in …
7.6.21 – News Channel 10 – Amarillo, Texas (KFDA) – Amarillo police arrested one man after an investigation into burglaries that happened in …
- WA: Police: Man subdued with Taser after he broke into Bremerton Building
7.6.21 – Bremerton – Police used a Taser to subdue a man who officers said was involved in a hit-and-run crash and later a break-in at a building on Auto Center Way on Sunday.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Alberto Hook
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Vacant
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Kerri McDonald