- ISC West Cancels 2020 In-Person Show, Transitions to Virtual Event
6.25.20 – SSI- After being rescheduled multiple times due to coronavirus concerns, ISC West 2020 will take place as an all-virtual event Oct. 5-7, 2020.
State & National News
- Gun store robberies alarm law enforcement officials
6.23.20 – POLITICO – More than 1,000 guns have been stolen amid the recent unrest, the ATF says. A rash of gun store burglaries has alarmed law enforcement officials and comes amid widespread protests that have been accompanied by incidents of looting and vandalism across the country.
- Home Remodeling to Hold Strong Despite Coronavirus Outbreak
6.25.20 – CEPro – According to survey by LightStream, despite the financial and economical hardships the coronavirus has caused, homeowners are still enthusiastic about improving their living spaces.
- Crime and the coronavirus
6.24.20 – San Diego Union-Tribune – Across the nation, crime followed a downward trend during peak quarantine weeks, as there were fewer opportunities to commit crime. Both violent and property crimes saw decreases in varied degrees, according to the Police Executive Research Forum.
- Marketing Tips for Security Dealers: Stand Out From the Crowd
6.24.20 – SSI – When you’re talking to a new prospect, how do you quickly convince them to select your security company rather than the competition?
- How Security Companies Can Adapt and Thrive During the Pandemic
6.26.20 – SSI – Don’t be afraid to change the way you communicate with customers and vendor partners or restructuring the way your business is organized to fit the “new norm.”
- Installation Tips for Video Surveillance Systems
6.24.20- CI – Whether you are new to installing video surveillance systems or have been at it for years, these installation tips are great to keep in mind.
- Here’s What the Workplace Could Look Like Post-Lockdown
6.24.20 – CI -Companies should expect to see new technology, physical changes and a flexible remote work culture when workplace reopen post-lockdown.
- Think Carefully About Your Words Before You Unintentionally Insult Someone
6.25.20 – CI – Fast Company recently highlighted six seemingly positive expressions that might end up triggering bad blood with the person you think you’re complimenting.
- Redefining the Smart Home for the Modern Consumer
6.23.20 – CEPro – As customers become more familiar with smart devices, more smart tech installation projects will be coming down the pipeline. Here are some tips to help prepare your business.
Fire & EMS News
- CA: Deputy fatally shoots armed suspect after alarm at Palm …
6.23.20 -Desert Sun – A Riverside County sheriff’s deputy responding to a reported alarm at a gun shop in Palm Desert late Monday fatally shot an armed suspect who exited the business, a sheriff’s department spokeswoman said. In this photo an individual cleans a vehicle belonging to Riverside Sheriff’s Department.
- IL: KPD make burglary arrest – News – Olney Daily Mail – Olney, IL …
6.23.20 – Olney Daily Mail – Kewanee Police have announced the arrest of a man they say was involved in two burglaries – one committed on Friday and another one …
- MN: Duluth police seek suspect in liquor store theft | Duluth News …
6.24.20 – Duluth News Tribune – Duluth police say they still need the public’s help to identify the person responsible for a theft that occurred in August at the Gary Liquor Store.
- MO: Hannibal Police report stolen firearms from Farm and Home …
6.26.20 – KHGA – On Friday, June 26th, at approximately 03:38 a. m. , Hannibal Police Officers were dispatched to an alarm at Farm and Home Supply located at …
- NC: Three Burlington businesses broken into Saturday morning …
6.27.20 – Three Burlington businesses were broken into early Saturday, June 27, likely by the same man using a large piece of asphalt to break the front door and gain entry.
- NY: Niagara Falls couple arrested following burglary in Gasport …
6.25.20 – WGRZ – A Niagara County Sheriff Deputy responded to an alarm early Wednesday morning at the Canalside Inn.
- SC: Simpsonville man sues Greenville County Sheriff’s Office after …
6.23.20 – WYFF – Simpsonville man sues Greenville County Sheriff’s Office after getting shot by deputy inside own home. The deputy behind the shooting was …
- TX: POLICE: Bank ATM stolen off Old Jacksonville, recovered 1 …
6.27.20 – CBS19- The theft happened in the pre-dawn hours of Saturday at the Southside Bank off Old Jacksonville Highway. TYLER, Texas — The Tyler Police Department (TPD) is investigating an ATM theft that happened early Saturday morning.
- TX: Trial under way in local convenience store robbery
6.25.20 – Texarkana Gazette – Trial under way in local convenience store robbery. Craig Eugene Taylor, 23, allegedly wore a mask and took steps to distract police after …
- VT: Man arrested for burglary at C&C Supermarket in Barton …
6.27.20 – Newport News Dispatch – BARTON — Police say a 56-year-old man from West Virginia was arrested for breaking into the C&C Supermarket just days after being arrested …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela