Public Safety Updates
- OR: Bend Police will stop automatically responding to some alarm …
6.15.22 – The Bulletin – Bend Police will stop automatically responding to some alarm calls. Police respond to hundreds of false alarms each year.
- Why security’s approach to weapons detection needs an update
6.17.22 – SIW – Despite advances in technology and an evolving threat landscape, many modern facilities still rely on antiquated methodologies
- The Ever-Evolving Trends of Access Control
6.13.22 – SIW – Various challenges are driving new technology adaptations for traditional access control
- 11 Best Practices for Password Security
6.13.22 – CI – A password manager will make your life easier and more secure, while silencing that nagging voice in your head.
- Why All Your Employees Should Be a ‘Salesperson’
6.17.22 – SSI – Ron Bowden – Each department depends on and supports the other department for the betterment of the whole. All must be focused on increasing the fuel, or RMR, that keeps your company running.
- How organizations can address the missing video problem
6.16.22 – Just because video is being streamed for live view does not mean it is being properly recorded downstream
- How Secure is Your Access Card?
6.13.22 – SIW – While prox cards are ubiquitous to the industry, make sure the security levels meet your application
Fire & EMS News
- CA: Placer Sheriff’s deputy saves man overdosed on opiate
6.18.22 – Colfax, Calif (KTXL) – A Placer County Sheriff’s Deputy saved a man from an overdose in Colfax on June 3 after a gas station attended triggered the silent alarm, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
- NC: Smoke Alarm Alerts Occupant To House Fire
6.13.22 – The Johnson County Report – Deputy Fire Marshal Ryan Parker said the fire was determined to be accidental and started in the kitchen due to unattended cooking. Parker said …
- IL: Centralia Police Arrest Two For Weekend …
6.13.22 – MMIX94 – Centralia, IL – Two male subjects were arrested Sunday in connection with burglaries early that morning. According to CPD’s acting Police …
- KS: Man arrested for trying to rob a bank in Salinas
6.15.22 – KSBW – According to police, Daniel Turcotte, 66, entered the Wells Fargo Bank located in the Safeway around 11:35 a.m. He handed a …
- MN: Minneapolis approves $150K settlement over dog shootings
6.16.22 – KARE- Surveillance video of the shooting as Minneapolis police responded to a burglary alarm was widely viewed in 2017. The dogs, Ciroc and Rocko, …
- NY: Police: Suspects used sledgehammer, crowbar to break into …
6.15.22 – Long Island News 12 – Police are probing a robbery at a pharmacy in Montclair. Patrol was dispatched around 3:16 a.m. Tuesday to Grove Pharmacy on a report of an …
- TN: Burglar drops through roof to steal jewelry –
6.14.22 – News Channel 5 – A burglar was caught on camera entering a jewelry store through the roof.
- TN: Six men break in, steal $25000 in jewelry from Memphis store …
6.15.22 – FOX 13 – Officers responded to a burglar alarm at Mednikow Jewelry at 2:24 a.m. on June 13.
- TN: Suspect in burglary at Memphis clothing store left ID, bank …
6.16.22 – FOX 13 – Inside the GMC Terrain, an officer found items identifying Gerald Johnson, including a social security card, bank card, key chain and two keys.
- TX: 3 suspects arrested after Crockett tobacco store robbery
6.17.22 – Crockett, Texas (KTRE) – The Crockett Police Department reports locating three suspects in a vehicle filled with cigarettes following a burglary alarm call from a tobacco store.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela