Public Safety Updates
- TN: Spring Hill contracts Dallas firm to catch false alarms for ..
6.9.22 – Williamson Home Page – The city of Spring Hill has entered into an agreement with a private company and established new policies to mitigate the risks posed to …
- School security technology at center of fierce debate after …
6.11 .22 – ABC News – After Uvalde, how can we prevent the next mass shooting? A counterterrorism expert explains how attacks like the Texas school shooting can be …
- IRS Raises Standard Mileage Rate for Final Half of 2022
6.10.22 – KSHB – Effective July 1 through Dec. 31, 2022, the standard mileage rate for the business use of employees’ vehicles will be 62.5 cents per mile—the highest rate the IRS has ever published—up 4 cents from the 58.5 cents per mile rate effective for the first six months of the year, according to IRS Announcement 2022-13.
- Is the Labor Shortage Finally Easing?
6.9.22 – CEPro – ‘Glimmer of hope’ for labor shortage as Home Building Institute reports 300% gain in schools aiming to offer technical trade skills courses.
- Gunshot Detection: How to Introduce the Technology to Your Customers
6.10.22 – SSI – Breakthroughs in sensors, reliability and false triggering immunity have made gunshot detection a compelling offering for integrators. Gain insights on adding it to your portfolio, as well as the latest on gun detection.
- Security Dealers: Look to Vacation Homeowners to Secure More Smart Lock Sales
6.8.22 – SSI – Securing a vacation property with connected smart locks is a great way to help owners leave stress behind, and for integrators to increase sales.
- Comcast to offer professional monitoring option for its Notion DIY smart home system
6.10.22 – SIW – Notion PRO upgrade to provide 24/7 monitoring for consumers at $10 a month
- Modern Selling: How to Handle Confrontation with Customers
6.10.22 – SIW – 7 tips to help your sales team navigate unexpected price increases, empty shelves and more
Fire & EMS News
- MI: Smoke alarm credited for saving mother and young daughter …
6.8.22 – ABC12 – A working smoke alarm is being credited for saving a mother and her young daughter from a house fire early Wednesday morning in Bay City.
- NC: Residents evacuated due to kitchen fire in Columbus senior …
6.10.22 – Tryon Daily Bulletin – Columbus – On Tuesday at 10:45 a.m., Columbus Fire Department was dispatched to Laurel Woods Assisted Living in Columbus for a kitchen fire.
- BC: A thief broke into a Kelowna brew pub overnight
6.10.22 – Castanet – A rock-wielding thief managed to get away with a small amount of cash after breaking into the Welton Arms Craft Beer and Restaurant on ..
- BC: Oceanside RCMP investigating 2 nearly identical break-ins
6.10.22 – Times Colonist – In each case, suspects used a stolen pickup truck to drive to businesses in Errington in the early hours of the morning, pried open the door of a business, made off with stolen goods and ditched the truck later in the morning.
- GA: police searching for suspects breaking into local …
6.11.22 – WSB – Clayton County, Ga. — Forest Park police are searching for three men who broke into a convenience store and stole an ATM.
- GA: VPD make arrest for Dollar General burglary
6.6.22 – Valdosta Today – Valdosta – Christopher D. Thomas was arrested for burglary of a Dollar General store after an alarm company assisted Valdosta police.
- IA: Waterloo police investigate break-in at Gates Pool
6.8.22 – KCRG – Waterloo police are investigating after they say someone broke into the concessions area of Gates Pool on Tuesday.
- IN: Florida man to serve five years for 2012 jewelry store robbery
6.12.22 – Daily Journal – A Florida man has been sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty and admitting his role in a 2012 Greenwood jewelry store robbery. Osniel Labrada-Guillen, 36, of Hialeah, Fla., pleaded guilty to burglary as a Class C felony before Johnson County Circuit Court Judge Andrew Roesener on June 6.
- MB: 2 arrested after stolen truck crashes into Brandon store, pulls …
6.6.22 – CBC – Two men face charges after the truck crashed into the convenience store and the ATM was taken, the Brandon Police Service said.
- MO: Cole Camp Man Caught On Tape Pulling Fire Alarm …
6.7.22 – KSIS – A Cole Camp man was arrested after he was caught on tape pulling a fire alarm at Motel 6 on Monday night.
- NC: Wells Fargo robbery reported by alarm company in Raleigh
6.6.22 – CBS17 – The site of the robbery was the Wells Fargo Bank. The amount stolen from the bank …
- RI: Warwick police release pictures of person accused of stealing …
6.10.22 – WLNE – Warwick police on Friday released pictures of a person who’s accused of stealing from a local liquor store last month. Police said that …
- SC:Report: Man arrested after robbing bank then attempting to rob …
6.10.22 – North Charleston, S.C. (WCSC) – Police officers say they have arrested a 60-year-old man who is accused of robbing a bank, then a few days later attempting to rob a Walmart by saying that he had a grenade.
- SK: Four Charged in Break and Enter
6.10.22 – Regina Police Service – At approximately 2:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 9, 2022, patrol officers were dispatched to an alarm at a restaurant. The complainant was a security company monitoring the alarm system.
- SK: Restaurant break-in leads to charges for youths and 18-year-old
6.11.22 – 620 CKRM – While 18-year-old Dakota James Button is charged with break and enter and obstructing an officer. he made his first appearance Friday.
- TX: Police arrest 1 after panic alarm tripped at Victoria bank
6.7.22 – Victoria Advocate— At 11:26 a.m., police were notified of a panic alarm tripped by an employee at the First National Bank of Victoria…
- TX: Thieves hit local pawn shop
6.8.22 – KJAS – Jasper Police are investigating a burglary and the reported theft of guns from Lakes Area Pawn Shop .
- VA: CPD investigating break in at ABC Store on West Main St.
6.8.22 – NBC29 – Police say they responded to an alarm and found broken glass just after midnight. They say about $130 in property was stolen, in addition to …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela