Public Safety Updates
- ME: Maine county seeks ways to streamline dispatching
5.20.22 – The Cumberland County Regional Communications Center in Maine is considering consolidating radio frequencies and taking other steps to simplify operations as it faces a shortage of dispatchers. The center’s call answer times have not been affected by the shortage, although dispatchers are working more overtime.
- GA: Metro city to start fining people for false alarms
5.25.22 – WSB – Lawrenceville, Ga. – Starting June 1, the city of Lawrenceville will start fining people who live there a fine for excessive false alarms.
- 5.19.22 – TMA – Each PSAP went live with Vector Security, Rapid Response Monitoring, Guardian Protection, Security Central, Quick Response, Stanley Security …
- Robb Elementary shooting a watershed moment for school …
5.25.22 – SIW – While details surrounding Tuesday’s shooting are still scarce, school security experts agree that there was clearly a breach of access control …
- Commercial security meets the needs of evolving cannabis …
5.26.22 – SIW – Before the conversation about security, fire, and life safety solutions can begin, cannabis businesses must first become licensed to operate in …
- HUA Help: Holdup Alarm Best Practices
5.25.22- SSI – Bob Dolph – When it comes to HUA devices, what you propose and install could someday save a person’s life. Here are some installation tips and resources.
- Acquiring Alarm Accounts Can Be Risky Business (Part 2)
5.27.22 – SSI – Buying contracts from another alarm company that doesn’t have trained techs or use proper, up-to-date alarm contracts? Demand every acquired account sign a new contract and terminate every customer who won’t sign it.
- Why you need to properly vet emergency legal requests
5.23.22 – SIW – While complying with emergency requests — which typically do not include a court order — is not typically legally required, companies wish to …
- Big Idea of the Month: Put Family Before Business
5.27.22 – SSI – Ron Davis – Moon Security CEO Mike Miller shares with Ron Davis how he’ll know when is the right time to sell his business.
- How AI Is Helping Address Daily Threat of Industrial Fires
5.23.22 – SSI – Theresa Grunewald – New video-based technology equipped with smart AI algorithms has revolutionized safety monitoring, so no risk of fire or combustion goes undetected — in all conditions, 24/7.
- BC: RCMP respond to multiple break and enters in North Shuswap …
5.23.22 – Salmon Arm – RCMP respond to multiple break and enters in North Shuswap community. Anglemont residents urged to be on the lookout for suspicious activity.
- CO: Two cell phone carrier companies burglarized Monday morning
5.23.22 – KRDO – Colorado Springs, Colo. (KRDO) — Police are investigating two burglaries which left the AT&T Store and the T-Mobile Store’s front doors …
- CT: Man Flees After Attempting To Break Into ATM At CT Dunkin,’ Police Say
5.29.22 – Daily Voice – A New England man attempted to flee from police in Connecticut after being caught red-handed attempting to break into an ATM inside an area Dunkin’ location, police announced.
- Fl: Suspect Offers New Age Explanation For Trespassing At …
5.25.22- The Smoking Gun – A trespassing suspect with “his pants opened and genitals exposed” explained to Florida police that he was “doing a chant and was cleansing …
- GA: Burglar smashed van into Acworth gas station to steal ATM
5.26.22 – Marietta Daily Journal, Ga. – A burglar smashed a stolen U-Haul can into a gas station in downtown Acworth in order to steal an ATM, police said Thursday. The Acworth Police Department responded to a burglary call at the Texaco Food Mart .
- IL: Bloomington pawn shop owner robbed at gunpoint shares his …
5.25.22 – Bloomington (WEEK) – A Bloomington pawn shop owner robbed and beaten at gunpoint last Wednesday is sharing his first-hand account. Michael Moss owns the McLean County Exchange pawn shop in Bloomington. He says two men came into his shop last Wednesday, pretending to sell him something.
- KS: Sheriff: Kan. man arrested for burglary from porn store – Hays …
5.24.22 – Hays Post – Dickinson County deputies took Riddle into custody and booked him on requested charges of Aggravated Burglary and Felony Theft. On Monday, with …
- KS: Tip Helps Catch Burglar
5.23.22 – KSAL – A tip prompted by a social media post helped the Dickinson County Sheriff’s Office bust a burglar who they believe stole from an adult …
- NY: Man arrested in burglary spree, accused of burglarizing the …
5.25.22 – CBS6 – Derrick Buggs, 34, of Albany was was arrested following an investigation by detectives from the Albany Police Department’s Criminal …
- OK: Burglars hit multiple Oklahoma City dispensaries overnight
5.24.22 – KPCO – Authorities are investigating after thieves broke into multiple dispensaries overnight.
- PA: Pa. bank employees help kidnapped woman after she asks for …
5.27.22 – ABC11 – Pa. bank employees help kidnapped woman after she asks for loan, suspect arrested. According to authorities, the woman asked a bank employee for a “Help” loan. The bank employees understood that she needed help and set off the silent alarm usually used in the event of a holdup.
- SC: Police arrest 2 in attempted burglary of N. Charleston store
5.28.22 – North Charleston, S.C. (WCSC) – North Charleston Police arrested a man and woman Friday night in the attempted burglary of a discount store after a chase.
- TX: Suspect caught on video breaking into trucks at dealership
5.26.22 – Odessa, Texas (KMID/KPEJ) – An Odessa man is behind bars after police said he was caught on video breaking into vehicles at a dealership.
- VA: Greene man charged in Barboursville break-in …
5.27.22 – Daily Progress – A Greene County man is in custody after being arrested for a break-in at a Barboursville convenience store.
- WA: Mattawa Man Holds Two Alleged Thieves at Gunpoint
5.24.22 – KPQ – A property owner held two men at gunpoint early Tuesday after he reportedly caught them attempting to burglarize his shop near Mattawa.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Riley Fields
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela