Public Safety Updates
- Wis. emergency communications head talks NextGen 9-1-1
5.16.22 – Wisconsin Public Radio – Erik Viel, director of Wisconsin’s Office of Emergency Communications, said Next Generation 9-1-1 will have GPS coordinates for cellphone calls and enhanced call routing to make sure calls go to the correct answering service. Viel said calls will be answered more quickly and the network has automatic rerouting of calls, depending on congestion.
- NY: New program improves communication between alarm …
5.19.22 – WKTV – The Oneida County Department of Emergency Services is the seventh emergency center to implement a new program to improve communications …
- How Will Public Safety Be Affected by the 3G Sunset?
5.19.22 – State Tech Magazine – Additionally, older cars will lose their collision avoidance and emergency calling capabilities, and other safety systems such as fire alarms, …
- FL: Governor Ron DeSantis Signs Thirteen Bills
5.18.22 – WQCS- Today, Governor Ron DeSantis signed the following bills: CS/CS/SB 1140 – Fire Alarm Systems.
- Beware of This Method Burglars Use to Mark Their Next Target
5.18.22 – KKAM – The way that burglars mark their targets will vary depending on where you live. However, some documented symbols you can look out for are …
- Is It Time to Target the Apartment Technology Market?
5.19.22 – CEPro – Sold via the property manager, new smart apartment technologies from companies like Arize open more potential for MDU space.
- How to Develop Your Company’s Vision: Business Visioneering (Part 1)
5.20.222 – SSI – The quality and practical implementation of your business vision differentiates you from your competitors.
- Why You Need To Change Your Perspective on Failure
5.22.22 – Entrepreneur – Making mistakes is just another step in achieving your goals. We need to change our perspective on failure.
- A psychologist explains why negativity dominates your daily thoughts, and what to do about it
5.21.22 – Entrepreneur – Brain science offers strategies that go beyond positive affirmations to create more lasting change.
- Why Does The Smart Chip Shortage Persist? An Explanation
5.17.22 – CEPro – The issue continues to linger based off of that initial gap between increased demand and the capacity to meet it. There are efforts to build more foundries, but that’s a process which can take years to complete.
Fire & EMS News
- NC: Deputies say they saw video of Lexington woman setting her …
5.16.22 – Davidson County, N.C. (WGHP) – A Lexington woman is accused of setting her own house on fire, according to a Davidson County Sheriff’s …
- CA: Suspect arrested for burglaries at two Pismo Beach restaurants
5.19.22 – KSBY – The suspect, identified as William Caravaggio Gonzales, 40, of Bakersfield, was arrested on suspicion of felony vandalism and commercial burglary. Police say Gonzales was booked into the San Luis Obispo County Jail and released without bail.
- MI: Man accused in ham and bagel shop burglaries was on …
5.16.22 – Mlive – Matthew Jonathan Gibbings, 43, was arraigned Friday, May 13, on new breaking and entering charges after being arrested on suspicion he broke …
- NC: Summerville Police investigating ATM break-in at Bayer …
5.16.22 – WCIV – Summerville Police are investigating after money was stolen from a Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union ATM Monday afternoon.
- TN: 10 thieves break into Binghampton business same day as pop …
5.16.22 – WREG – Memphis, Tenn. – The search is on for the thieves who stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from a Binghampton pop-up shop.
- TX: Man seen fleeing attempted robbery scene after …
5.20.22 – Houston, Texas (KTRK) — Police need the public’s help in identifying a man seen fleeing after a convenience store clerk triggered the panic …
- TX: Police: Man arrested for stealing thousands of dollars of items …
5.20.22 – KKTV – Over the weeks long crime spree, officers say the suspect, identified as Ricardo Huizar, reportedly stole 80 cell phones, 40 cell phone accessories, and more than $1,100 in cash. Huizar was taken into custody and booked into the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center.
- VA: Man arrested on burglary charges after breaking into Orange …
5.20.22 – Man arrested on burglary charges after breaking into Orange County gas station. Orange County, Va. (WRIC) – After a brief investigation, police quickly tracked down and arrested a suspect in connection to a burglary at a gas station store in Barboursville on Monday.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Riley Fields
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela