- Oklahoma City police encouraging residents to register for …
5.13.21 – KFOR — Residents who want to register their alarm can go to www.crywolfservices.com/oklahomacityok or go to go to okc.gov/alarm and click “Register Online”. The cost for a new alarm permit is $27, which can be paid with any major credit card.
- Paycheck Protection Program Runs Out of Funds, Leaves …
5.13.21 – CEPro — Paycheck Protection Program Runs Out of Funds, Leaves Many Small Businesses in Limbo. In an unfortunate turn of events, the Paycheck …
- The Zigbee Alliance Rebrands as Connectivity Standards …
5.11.21 – Zigness Allaince — The Zigbee Alliance Rebrands as Connectivity Standards Alliance. New brand signifies a hallmark of collaboration and creating standards of …
- Survey Finds Nearly 90% Of Employers Will Require Or Encourage Vaccinations
5.13.21 – CI – Arizona State University survey finds that 88% of employers in US, UK plan to at least encourage employees to get the vaccine.
- SSN readers sound-off: Nearly half not ready for in-person events
5.12.21 – SSN -YARMOUTH, Maine—With trade-show season starting up again, including some of the industry’s key conferences going with a hybrid format, this month’s News Poll looks to gauge where readers are with traveling in the coming months and remainder of the year
- Monitoring Centers Survive and Thrive Despite the Pandemic
5.13.21 – SIW – Paul Rothman – Exclusive Security Business magazine roundtable: How technology and planning are keeping central stations moving forward
- How Families, Early Adopters, and Market Influencers Impact …
5.14.21 – CEPro – How Families, Early Adopters, and Market Influencers Impact the Home Tech Space. Research from Parks Associates suggests that home …
- Why Emotional Intelligence Trumps IQ in Driving ‘True’ Leadership Success
5.13.21 – CI – AV business leaders must get in touch with their emotional sides to ensure they connect with and properly guide their teams.
- SIA Launches Online Resources for New Cybersecurity Certification
5.11.21 – SSI Staff – The Security Industry Cybersecurity Certification program was developed with support from PSA Security Network and Security Specifiers.
- The Benefits of Video Alarm Verification
5.13.21 – SIW – Randall Renfroe– In addition to reducing false dispatches, VAV can create several RMR opportunities for integrators
Fire & EMS
- HI: Honolulu officials investigating 3 separate fires near Hawaii …
5.10.21 – Honolulu (KHON2) – The Honolulu Fire Department (HFD) is investigating three separate fires that broke out at the Hawaii Supreme Court, the Hawaii attorney general’s office and the Department of Taxation on Monday, May 10. Officials are investigating to determine if the three incidents are connected, according to HFD.
- VA: Fire ignites inside Roanoke assisted living facility
5.14.21 – WSET – A fire ignited inside an assisted living facility in Roanoke Saturday morning. Roanoke Fire-EMS responded just after 10 am …
- MI: Burglars break glass with brick in break-ins at Grand Rapids …
5.11.21 – Police determined that two burglars used a brick to break windows to enter and stole merchandise from the store. They took the brick with them. The second burglary was reported at 1:11 a.m. at Sharpe Cars. Burglars had smashed a back door with a brick to gain entry.
- MO: Columbia police investigate Tuesday morning ATM robbery
5.11.21 – Columbia Tribune – An early Tuesday morning alarm at a bank led Columbia Police Department officers to discover an abandoned white truck with an ATM chained …
- MS: Alabama woman pleads guilty to robbing Mississippi bank …
5.11.21 – ABC — Gulfport, Miss. (AP) — An Alabama woman, who authorities believe stole money from a bank to pay for plastic surgery, pleaded guilty to …
- NE: LPD: ATM door ripped open, money stolen by suspects
5.13.21 – KOLN — Investigators with the Lincoln Police Department are looking into a case where suspects ripped open the door of an ATM and stole money.
- OH: Man arrested, charged with cooking drugs at Boardman hotel
5.12.21 – WKBN — Justin Bowman was arrested at a hotel in Boardman after police say he was cooking drugs there.
- PA: Sprinkler system puts out fire in Lancaster County
5.12.21 – WGAL — Investigators say a sprinkler system may have saved lives and property in Lancaster County. Crews were called around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday to Dickens Drive in Lancaster Township for a fire that started in a microwave and spread to the cabinets above.
- TN: Two men caught on surveillance as they rob Memphis corner …
5.12.21 – memphis, Tenn. (WMC) – Memphis Police are searching for two men accused of breaking and entering a corner store. On Monday, May 10, …
- TX: Intruder disappears after break-in at gun range leads to SWAT …
5.11.21 – ABC13 – ABC13’s Charly Edsitty got to the scene and saw a large police presence. This is what she’s working to find out. An intruder was nowhere to be found after the Harris County Sheriff’s Office and SWAT responded to a reported break-in at a gun range early Tuesday morning in northeast Harris County.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Alberto Hook
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Vacant
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Kerri McDonald