Public Safety Updates
- NM: False Fire Alarm Enforcement Set to Begin in Albuquerque, NM
10.22.18 – Security Sales & Integration – Albuquerque, N.M. – In an effort to reduce a preponderance of false fire alarms each year, the Albuquerque Fire Rescue is preparing to enforce an alarm …
- SC: GPD: New alarm ordinance to improve police readiness & public safety
10.26.18 – FOX Carolina – Greenville, S.C (Fox Carolina) – The City of Greenville has approved changes to significantly reduce the number of false burglar alarm activations requiring …
- Four ways Hikvision can offer false alarm filter to SMB customers
10.23.18 – SecurityNewsDesk – Hikvision allows businesses to enjoy the benefits of technology, while protecting their existing investment. False alarm filter is one of the most intelligent features .
- Smoke alarms using mother’s voice wake children better than high …
10.25.18 – Science Daily – Smoke alarms are important for preventing these deaths, yet many young children don’t wake up to traditional high-pitch tone alarms. In a study published online …
- ADT to acquire Red Hawk Fire & Security
10.25.18 – SIW – ADT has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Boca Raton, FL-based Red Hawk Fire & Security for $317.5 million in cash.
State & National News
- How Security Provided the Path to a Career at Its Crossroads
10.26.18 – Security Sales & Integration – Having never lived in a home with an alarm system, my best points of reference were a few systems I had encountered in other employers’ offices, my forever …
- FAA bill to impact security industry
10.24.18 – SSN – Washington, D.C. – Bill sets policies for not just drones but security technology as well. President Trump signed into law on Oct. 5, H.R. 302, the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018, a bill that provides a roadmap for FAA-related policies, programs and procedures that will impact the security industry in a number of ways, from the use of counter-drone measures to the expanded use of CCTV and biometric technology within airports.
- How to Profit From Migrating to Video-Verified Alarm Solutions
10.22.18 – Security Sales & Integration – The benefits of video-verified alarm response are pretty self-evident. Seeing, as the saying goes, is believing. For the security industry, this capability can be a …
- Understanding the Basics of Arc & Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters
10.24.18 – Security Sales & Integration – In September, I covered some of the requirements that are found within NFPA 70, National Electrical Code (NEC) as it relates to fire alarm installations.
- What to Expect When 8K and 5G Take Over
10.26.18 – CEPro- The 2018 MRI Expo focused on educating integrators on the advancements made by 8K and 5G in recent months, and what they can expect as the tech grows in popularity.
Fire & EMS News
- CA: Alarm at cafe after water added to hot oil
10.27.18 – Mountain View Voice – Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at a restaurant in Mountain View on Wednesday caused by a worker adding water to hot oil and activating a fire alarm.
- DC: Circuit Failure Prompts False Nevils Fire Alarm
10.25.18 – Georgetown University The Hoya – The Nevils dormitory experienced multiple false fire alarms on the nights of Oct. 9 and 10, as well as the afternoon of Oct. 16. An electronic circuit switch fail …
- DC: Update: Capitol Police say fire alarm prompted Cannon Building …
10.25.18 – Fox5NY – Washington – U.S. Capitol Police say the Cannon Building was evacuated after a malfunctioning electrical panel prompted a fire alarm on Thursday.
- GA: Fire alarm sounds during Georgia gubernatorial debate just as …
10.23.18 – Fox News – A fire alarm sounded toward the beginning of Georgia’s gubernatorial debate on Tuesday evening, serving to punctuate an already-awkward exhortation by ..
- IL: Police blotter 10-21-18
10.22.18 – MyWebTimes.com – Streator firefighters responded to an alarm 12:36 a.m. Sunday set off by burnt food. At 8:47 a.m. Sunday, Streator firefighters assisted at a ..
- MA: Marion Police Log: Oct. 14-20
10.25.18 – Wicked Local – 6:18 a.m.: A fire alarm was reported at Tabor Academy.
- MA: Police/Fire: Cars, not drivers, damaged in crash
10.26.18 – Gloucester Daily Times – 3:39 a.m.: A fire alarm sounded at a home. The homeowner called to say it was a false alarm, but police went to the home to make sure.
- MA: Police/Fire: Head-on crash sends five to hospital
10.23.18 – Gloucester Daily Times – 3:29 p.m.: A fire alarm activated. Police and firefighters found the alarm had been accidentally set off by a cleaning crew. …
- ND: Fire crews on scene at Fargo sunflower seed processing building
10.22.18 – WDAZ – Fargo – Police and fire are on scene investigating a fire alarm at the CHS Sunflower building.
- NY: Geneseo Police Activity Report
10.23.18 – The Livingston County News – Responded to Main Street for a fire alarm. …
- TN: Woman’s alarm company alerts her to fire inside home
10.25.18 – WSMV Nashville – Woman’s alarm company alerts her to fire inside home. Updated 3 min … The woman inside of the burning home was alerted by her alarm company. They called …
- AZ: Williams 911: week of Oct. 24
10.23.18 – Williams News – Officers responded to an alarm. …
- ID: Public Records
10.27.18 – Moscow-Pullman Daily News- Pullman Police. Thursday. 7:30 a.m. – A false burglary alarm was reported at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories. 9:12 a.m. – A noninjury accident was …
- ID: Weekly Police Log
10.23.18 – Rexburg Standard Journal – This week’s issue of the weekly police log has angry vehicle owners, hungry cats and chairs that set off alarms. Upper Valley law enforcement had their hands …
- IL: La Grange police blotter: Alarm may have stopped burglary on South …
10.26.18 – Chicago Tribune – It was reported at 3:02 p.m. Oct. 20 that an alarm went off in a residence. The resident’s alarm company notified the …
- IN: Arrest made in possible break-in at Harrison High School
10.25.18 – TriStateHomepage.com – EPD responded to the school at 4:56 a.m. An alarm is what alerted authorities to the potential break in. When police arrived, officers say they saw Crawford trying …
- LA: Caught on camera: Suspect takes selfie during home burglary
10.22.18 – WBRZ – Before leaving, the suspect unknowingly took a selfie with the camera on the alarm. Anyone with information on the case or the suspect can contact the East …
- MA: Concord police log, Oct. 6-20
10.27.18 – Wicked Local – 12:49 a.m.: A burglar alarm was reported. Police checked and secured the property. 1:12 a.m.: Staff at Emerson ED requested assistance with an …
- MA: Orange Police Log, Oct. 24
10.27.18 – Athol Daily News – Operator spoken to and given warning. 4:24 p.m. — Basement door burglar alarmactivation at Holtshire Road. Alarm company to reach a keyholder and advise.
- MA: Rochester Police Log: Oct. 14-20
10.25.18 – Wicked Local – 5:23 p.m.: A panic alarm was reported on Briarwood Lane. 7:14 p.m.: A suspicious motor vehicle was reported …
- NC: Three Charged with Attempting to Steal Utility Vehicle
10.24.18 – WHKY – Their arrests stem from an incident at 5:12 a.m. on Saturday, October 20, when a burglar alarm call came in from James River Equipment on the Mocksville …
- NJ: ACPD: Burglar Arrested with Help from Surveillance Cameras
10.23.18 – wpgtalkradio.com – Atlantic City police say they responded to the Bungalow Beach Bar for a report of an activated burglar alarm just before 4:00 ..
- NM: Video: Police catch man accused of breaking into gun shop
10.24.18 – KRQE News 13 – “My alarm went off that we had motion inside the shop around 8:53,” Travelstead said. Minutes before that, a man was caught on video casing the entrance.
- OH: Hillsboro man arrested after bizzare break-in at Eastgate Bank
10.23.18 – WXIX – Just after 2 a.m. Tuesday, officers were dispatched there for a break-in alarm. When they arrived, they spotted a broken front door outside and inside saw …
- OH: Lights & Sirens | Possible prowler turns out to be a family member …
10.23.18 – Bucyrus Telegraph Forum – A false alarm was received. …
- OH: Police seek man who robbed Huber Heights gas station
10.22.18 – WDTN.com – Officers responded to an alarm at the Speedway gas station, just after 4 a.m. Monday. When officers arrived, they …
- PA: GANT Weekend Police Blotter
10.22.18 – GANT News – Police received a report about an activated alarm Saturday. Upon arrival, police determined everything was secured.
- PA: Police log: Child consumes small amount of floor cleaner, poison …
10.22.18 – The Evening Sun – 3:55 a.m. A commercial burglar alarm … 10:24 a.m. A residential alarm. All was OK.
- PA: Redding police dog helps nab suspected burglar
10.23.18 – Redding Record Searchlight – According to police, the alarm company has a video clip showing Coonan wearing a mask over his face, adding that he removed one hinge from a large gate at …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Five state associations are part of NESA – Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA) and Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Kelly Ryan
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Brian Shrake
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Rex Adams