- Certain smoke and carbon monoxide detectors might not work …
4:13.23 – CPSC – The Consumer Product Safety Commission urged consumers to stop using several brands of combination smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as the products have failed to work. The CPSC said combination detectors made by OKEAH, PETRICOR, VARWANEO, and WJZTEK failed to alert people in the presence of hazardous smoke.
- Businesses and passwords are a …
4.11.23 -SIW – Businesses and passwords are a security marriage needing help. Organizations need to ensure that other defenses are in place …
- Hikvision Alerts Technology Partners to Vulnerability in …
4.10.23 – Security Sales & Integration – Hikvision has issued a notice to its technology partners about a vulnerability in some Hikvision Hybrid SANcluster storage products.
- The Advantages of Virtual Barrier Video Analytics
4.10.23 – Security Sales & Integration – Jocelin Damien – Learn how new video analytics technology overcomes the challenges of traditional motion-based analytics
- How to prepare for PCI DSS 4.0
4.13.23 – Security Info Watch – How to prepare for PCI DSS 4.0. Strategies to managing third-party scripts on checkout pages. Nick Merritt.
- Problems ‘R’ Us in AV Sales
4.14.23 – CI – The truth is, solutions simply aren’t needed unless there’s a problem to solve.
Fire & EMS News
- MI: Sprinkler system causes flooding in men’s wing of Butterfield …
4.12.23 – State News – The sprinkler system caused the flooding, which was accidentally turned on during a false fire alarm. A water flow alarm in Butterfield Hall and an item hanging on the sprinklers led to the men’s wing to flood, leaving students’ belongings wet and damaged.
- NY: Drew Barrymore posts relatable video of the house alarm …
4.10.23 – TODAY – Drew Barrymore’s peaceful bathtime was interrupted by a blaring house alarm — and it was enough to make her scream.
- CA: Riverside Police Arrest the ‘Snake Burglar’
4.15.23 – NBC Los Angeles – A notorious serial burglar who has been dubbed “The Snake Burglar” by Riverside police, has been finally caught. According to investigators, 32- …
- CA: Suspect caught during string of Citrus Heights burglaries
4.13.23 – Police said 35-year-old Christopher Eriks was arrested after officers found him inside the SportClip. during the early morning hours of March 31. Police initially responded to a report of a silent alarm at the neighboring AT&T store when they found Eriks inside the SportClip.
- CT: State police hoping to ID Killingly burglary suspects
4.13.23 – Hartford Courant – State police are hoping to identity two suspects in a Killingly gas station burglary last week.
- GA: Burglars trigger alarm at Zaxby’s building
4.10.23 – Appen Media – Alpharetta police say unidentified individuals burglarized the Zaxby’s restaurant training center in Alpharetta March 28.
- MS: Jackson police investigate break-ins at 2 convenience stores
4.12.23 – WAPT – Officers were called at about 3 a.m. Wednesday to the Shell station on Highway 18 near Interstate 20. The store owner said he got a call from …
- NJ: Lamborghini Stolen From Livingston After Keys Taken …
4.12.23 – Patch – Livingston, NJ – A Livingston homeowner told police early last Wednesday that someone broke into a home, took several key fobs, and then stole a …
- NY: Washington County sheriff: Gun shop burglarized again, …
4.10.23 – The Post-Star – Kingsbury – Sheriff’s deputies are investigating the theft of 14 guns from a gun shop by a teenage suspect early Monday morning.
- OR: Police: Botched burglary suspect stuck in blackberry bush was naked, ‘just really high’
4.14.23 – Portland, Ore. (KATU) – An attempted burglary at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Oregon didn’t go as planned for two suspects, ending in nudity, blackberry thorns and arrests for multiple charges.
- TN: Bear gets in garage, sets off alarm as couple sleeps
4.13.23 – WSMV- NBC15 – They say a hungry bear wandered into their garage while they were sleeping. Nicole and Larry Collum got an unexpected alarm at 2 a.m. from their home’s security camera.
- VA: Chesterfield police investigating break-ins possibly tied to …
4.14.23 – NBC12 – Police are investigating six different incidents near the Reeds Landing and Salisbury neighborhoods.
- WA: 2 suspects break into local storage unit business
4.12.23 – Federal Way Mirror – There were at least 3 reports of vehicle theft or attempted vehicle theft on this day. The Federal Way Mirror police blotter is a sample of …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.