- Ring’s new Alarm system comes with one-touch …
4.9.20 – The Verge – Ring’s new Alarm system is smaller, sleeker, and comes with one-touch access to emergency services. Preorders begin today, and it’ll ship on …
- ADT President and CEO Jim DeVries Tests Positive for the Coronavirus
4.10.20 – CEPro – Despite testing positive for the coronavirus, ADT says DeVries has continued to perform his daily duties as president and CEO.
- CE Pro Podcast #1: Opportunities Amid ‘New Normal’
4.10.20 – CEPro – Our roundtable editors’ discussion centers on new and more focused installation possibilities for integrators during the coronavirus crisis and perhaps longer term.
- ISC West moved to October
4.9.20 – SIW – Show will now take place Oct. 5-8 in Las Vegas
State & National News
- Nearly 311 million under ‘safer at home’ orders
4.7.20 – NACO – As of April 6, nearly 311 million residents in at least 41 states, 148 counties, 14 cities, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico were under …
- How Video Systems Can Help Mitigate Risk During Coronavirus Crisis
4.10.20 – SSI – Capable video surveillance solutions that are flexible can go a very long way in helping mitigate and assess the risks presented by COVID-19
- Crime Drops Around the World as COVID-19 Keeps People …
4.11.20 -Time – In the midst of a pandemic, even among regions that have the highest levels of violence, crime is dropping at an unprecedented rate.
- Research Suggests 30% Growth in Smart Home Voice Control Market Due to Coronavirus
4.6.20 – CEPro – Since the coronavirus is forcing many to alter how they interact with technology, voice control options will likely see a boost in market share by the end of 2020.
- 5 Keys to a Successful Virtual Event
4.10.20 – CI – Even when people return to their offices, there will be opportunities to share big news and distribute company information across video platforms.
- What Will AV Industry Look Like After Post-Coronavirus Outbreak ‘Do-Over?’
4.9.20 – CI – Industry consultant Tom Stimson says the worldwide business disruption creates a unique chance for leaders to reshape their companies however they want.
- Managing Remote Employees During a Pandemic
4.10.20 – CI – Managers haven’t seen their teams in weeks, but they can stay connected and keep employees engaged and using technology they already know.
- Survey: COVID-19 Will Have a Lasting Impact on Remote Work Trends
4.9.20 – CI – New Gartner research suggests nearly three quarters of companies will continue with remote work post COVID-19. What does this mean for integrators
- How Are Social Distancing Guidelines Impacting Office Occupancy?
4.9.20 – SSI – Openpath analyzed Cloud-based data from the nearly 2,000 buildings it services nationwide to track the affect of social distancing guidelines.
- 5 Steps to Turn a Temporary Remote Work Plan Into Long-Term Strategy
4.8.20 – SSI – Companies that were reluctant to embrace remote work prior to COVID-19 disruption can take this opportunity to develop a lasting program.
Fire & EMS News
- AR: Homeowner arrested for arson after fire damages house
4.10.20 – Sentinel Record – A Hot Springs man was charged with arson Wednesday afternoon for allegedly setting a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damages to his …
- CT: Felony Charge Filed After Fire Alarm Pulled At Glastonbury …
4.6.20 – Patch – Perry Charmas is accused ot activating the fire alarm intentionally and was charged with first-degree criminal mischief, according to an arrest report. He was released on a $10,000 non-surety bond and is scheduled to appear at Manchester courthouse on May 13, police said.
- AR: Two Arrested Breaking Into Red River ATM
4.10.20 – txktoday.com – Two people are in custody after allegedly breaking into a Red River Credit Union ATM early Friday morning. Texarkana, Ark. Police responded …
- FL: TPD arrests suspect connected to convenience store burglaries
4.7.20 – Tallahassee, Fla. … The investigation revealed that a suspect had broken in and stolen 60 packs of cigarettes and two lighters. A description of the suspect was obtained from the store’s surveillance cameras.
- MI: Masked burglars flee on foot after breaking store’s front door …
4.7.20 – Police found broken glass from the front door and determined someone had tried to break in. Surveillance footage showed the attempted burglary as well as the burglars running away. A police tracking dog was unable to find them.
- MO: Silent panic alarm in Sarcoxie leads to pursuit, now Joplin …
4.10.20 – KOAM – Silent panic alarm in Sarcoxie leads to pursuit, now Joplin man could face 22 charges. The suspect also had several outstanding warrants, …
- NY: Two Arrested for Trying to Steal from Colonie Smoke Shop ATM
4.9.20 – COLONIE, NY (WRGB) – Colonie Police have arrested two suspects from the Bronx accused of breaking into a local business and trying to steal cash from an ATM. … It appeared they’d been trying to steal cash from the store’s ATM. A sledge hammer, splitting wedge and hatchet were left at the scene.
- OH: Intruder discovered hiding after alarm call at downtown Akron …
4.6.20 – Akron Beacon Journal – Police said Gary Dickson, 57, was found hiding in the men’s restroom after a search of the business. He was placed under arrest, and the police report showed that drug paraphernalia and several keys to vehicles owned by the business were found in his pocket.
- OR: Police investigating overnight break-in at Beavercreek Best Buy
4.8.20 – WHIO – Police found a Best Buy location in Beavercreek targeted in an early-morning break-in after responding to reports of an alarm at the business …
- TX: Garland Police Arrest Suspect in Connection With Multiple …
4.9.20 – NBC DFW – Garland Police Arrest Suspect in Connection With Multiple Burglaries. A suspect believed to have burglarized a Dollar General in Garland on …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela