- How Industry Efforts Toppled Georgia False Alarm Law
4.2.21 – SSI – John Loud explains the concerted efforts by industry stakeholders in helping defeat the spread of a punitive alarm ordinance across the state.
- Georgia to Ban Cities From Fining Alarm Companies for False Alarms
4.1.21 – SSI – Lawmakers passed a bill that overturns the ability for jurisdictions to fine alarm companies for false alarms that are triggered by end users.
- Kastle Systems launches vaccination authentication solution for building access
3.30.21 – SIW – Vaccination status and testing results layer on top of existing access control technology
- How the Alarm Industry Can Raise the Bar to Properly Test Systems
3.30.21 – SSI – Equipment, layout, wiring, transmission equipment, service and monitoring need to be tested together to ensure a “system” operates as intended.
- President Biden Renews Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses
3.31.21 – President Biden has extended the federal Paycheck Protection Program for another two months amid coronavirus-related economic strain.
- A hybrid office will require new routines. Here’s how to get it right
4.2.21 – FC – Despite new norms around flexible work environments, inclusive work spaces and habits still deserve consideration.
- CDC says travel is ‘low risk’ once you’ve got COVID-19 vaccination
4.2.21 – Cnet – There’s no need to quarantine after international travel if you’ve been vaccinated, the agency says, but you should continue to wear a mask and avoid crowds.
- UL Issues Fire Hazard Warning on Cat 5E Cable Brand
4.1.21 – CEPro – UL has issued a warning related to a specific Cat 5E cable made by Claritronix after discovering the product fails to meet the flammability requirements of UL testing in the United States and Canada.
- CA: Sheriffs detain naked man suspected of burglarizing Valencia …
4.3.21 – The Signal – The burglary suspect was found inside Novila Salon & Spa. Diez said a preliminary investigation that included a conversation with the detained …
- GA: Valdosta man arrested for store burglary
4.1.21 – WALB – The M&M Food Mart, VPD found the …
- LA: Baton Rouge police arrest alleged bank robber tied to multiple …
3.29.21 -WBRZ – A suspected bank robber was caught in East Baton Rouge within hours of a robbery in another parish.
- MA: Boston Police investigating brazen burglaries at Newbury …
4.1.21 – Boston25 – A hooded female suspect is first seen breaking into Street Salon and Barber Shop. The owner told Boston 25 News that the ..
- NJ: PD: Parking Ticket, Spit Lead To Lyndhurst Jewelry Store …
3.31.21 – Daily Voice – A parking ticket and spit led Lyndhurst police to a jewelry store burglar who smashed a display case and fled not with diamonds or pearls, …
- ON: Man arrested after allegedly breaking into a London, Ont …
3.29.21 – Canadian Press – London, Ont. – Police in London, Ont., say they have arrested a man after a school was broken into overnight.
- SC: Lexington police charge two in catalytic converter theft
4.3.21 – The State – Lexington police arrested two men Thursday in an attempted catalytic converters heist at a car dealership after finding one of the men in the woods and another under a vehicle in the middle of the night, according to reports.
- TX: APD asking for help identifying suspect in business burglary
3.30.21 – KFDA – Amarillo – Police are searching for a burglary suspect that shattered a window and stole from a business in Amarillo earlier this month.
- TX: Security camera captures burglar in the act inside local Family …
3.30.21 – Killeen, Texas (KWTX) – A security camera captured burglar in the act inside a Killeen Family Dollar Store and now police are hoping someone recognizes him. Officers responded to the break-in at around 6:15 a.m. on March 16 after the burglar triggered an alarm.
- WA: Woman hides in store, accused of gathering thousands …
3.29.21 – KGMI – A 35-year old woman was booked into Whatcom County Jail last week after allegedly gathering $73,000 worth of merchandise to steal from a …
- WY: April Fool- ATM Stolen from Platte Valley Bank Using Pickup …
4.1.21 – K2 Radio — Casper PD reports that the truck used to steal the ATM was, in fact, also stolen. “Officers believe the vehicle was stolen just a few hours before the …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Alberto Hook
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Kerri McDonald