Public Safety Updates
- PA: City Council OKs third-party billing for fire department calls …
3.24.21 -Meadville Tribune – Beginning next month, a third-party vendor will begin billing insurance companies whose clients receive services from Meadville Central Fire …
- SK: Penalties could soon increase for false alarms to which police …
3.22.21 – Moose Jaw Today – If city council approves changes to the alarm response bylaw, the amendments could go into effect as early as April 12.
- Wireless Translator Upgrades One-Way, Low-Frequency, Wireless …
3.25.21 – Facility Executive – The 1100T Wireless Translator allows alarm companies to upgrade existing wireless sensors to DMP panels, receivers, and software …
- SBA to Increase Lending Limit for COVID-19 Disaster Loans
3.24.21 – SSI – SBA will reach out directly via email to provide details on how businesses can request an EIDL increase closer to the April 6 start date.
- PPP2 Application Deadline Extended
3.26.21 – Mitch Reitman – The U.S. Senate approved a two-month extension of a popular U.S. small-business relief program that still has about $79 billion left to distribute, giving companies until the end of May to apply for the forgivable loans.
- How to Transform from a Micromanager to a Servant Leader—and Why You Should
3.23.21 – CI – Author suggests ways business leaders can shift their attention away from being involved in everything to helping their employees succeed.
- Defining the ‘Resimercial’ Market: What Exactly Does It Mean?
3.26.21 – CEPro The resimercial market has quickly become one of the hottest topics in AV, but what opportunities really exist for integrators?
- From Mask Detection to Access Control: 12 Solutions to Get Your Customers Back to Work
3.24.21- SSI – As the world finally starts to get back to some semblance of normalcy, employees will be looking to feel safe when they return to work. Here’s what you can offer.
- Employer Work From Home Cybersecurity Practices Remain Inadequate
3.26.21 – SSI – A survey released by PC Matic, comparing results to 2020 findings, signals employers continue to rely on lax cybersecurity policies.
Fire & EMS News
- MD: Rockville family displaced following fire linked to candle
3.25.21 – WTOP – A house fire displaced a Rockville, Maryland, family Thursday morning — and it was traced to a candle they lit before going to bed.
- ND: Popcorn machine triggers fire alarms at North Dakota Capitol …
3.22.21 – Reps. Lawrence Klemin, R-Bismarck, Mary Johnson, R-Fargo, and Dennis Johnson, R-Devils Lake, help themselves to popcorn from a machine that triggered two fire alarm evacuations of the state Capitol’s legislative wing on Monday.
- TN: Smoke Alarm Alerts Sleeping Occupants
3.24.21 – Lexington Progress. A smoke alarm alerted occupants of a possible fire …
- VA: Malfunctioning fridge fries Lexus in Oakton garage | news …
3.26.21 – Inside NOVA – A malfunctioning refrigerator in a garage sparked a March 18 fire in Oakton that destroyed a luxury vehicle, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department officials said. The department dispatched units at 5:46 a.m. to the single-family house …
- CA: Police use drone to help capture commercial burglary suspect …
3.22.21 – Antioch, California (KPIX) – Responding to an early morning alarm at a local shopping center, Antioch police officers deployed a video camera equipped drone to locate a suspect crawling out of a roof vent. He found an opening in the roof and climbed inside. …
- IN: Man dead after shooting at Waffle House in Lawrence
3.25.21 – WTHR – A man is dead after a shooting at a Waffle House in Lawrence Thursday morning. The incident happened just before 3 a.m. …
- MI: Alarm triggered at Loy Norrix High School in Kalamazoo …
3.26.21 – WKZO – The Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety says a malfunctioning motor inside the building had triggered an alarm and that there was no threat to the school. By 6:00 a.m., crews were already leaving the scene.
- OK: Man accused of backing car into storefront says he meant to …
3.26.21 – WJKI – He told police he meant to hit the one next to it to burglarize it. Instead, he allegedly … Man accused of backing car into storefront says he meant to hit weed shop next door to rob it., … Goodman said they had to get Lytle out of the car and the store. He then told police he hit …
- PA: Burglary at Bristol Borough Smoke Shop under investigation …
3.22.21 – Bucks Local News – Bristol Borough – Police are investigating a commercial burglary at the Smoke Shop Tobacco Store, located at the Bristol Commerce …
- WI: Police investigating attempted overnight break-in at General …
3.26.21 – WEAU – Police responded to an alarm after 11 p.m. Thursday night at General Coin & Gun Exchange.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Alberto Hook
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Kerri McDonald