Public Safety Updates
- MT: Billings finalizes fee for commercial business owners with too …
12.13.21 – Commercial property owners will be charged $250 on their third and every subsequent false fire alarm or false police alarm. … Billings Police Lt. Shawn Mayo said so far in 2021, Billings police have received 3,333 burglar alarm calls, nearly half of the calls were noted by officers to be alarm malfunctions at 1,613.
- CA; OPD False Alarm Program- Phoenix Group LLC – City of Ontario
12.13.21 – City of Ontario – In an effort to reduce false alarms within the City of Ontario, the City has updated its Alarm Ordinance and collaborated with Phoenix Group …
- Retailers nationwide seek help in fight against smash-and-grabs
12.14.21 – WGN – In an effort to protect their stores, retailers throughout the country are dedicating more money and resources in loss prevention equipment …
- Honeywell to Acquire Alerting and Dispatch Tech Provider US Digital Designs
12.13.21 – SSI – US Digital’s products include the Phoenix G2 Fire Station Alerting System, which has features like automatic alerts to fire stations.
- Be On The Lookout For Cyberattacks Over The Holidays
12.17.21 – CI: Malicious cyber actors like to spring attacks when nobody is watching, including around the holidays, U.S. agencies warn.
- Key Ingredients for a Supplier-Integrator Relationship
12.17.21 – SSI – Integrators dish on what they love about their vendors and how they act in their best interests as a true channel partner.
- Lower-Income Households Are Embracing Smart Home Products
12.14.21 – SSI – New research by Interpret is said to reveal that smart home devices are appealing to a more economically diverse audience.
- 5 Primary Smart Home Industry Developments in 2021
12.16.21 – SSI – The smart home industry is primed for expansion in 2022. Interpret examines the key trends that have helped smart home adoption in 2021.
- 2021’s Security Tech Trend Takeaways
12.15.21 – SSI – SSI taps subject-matter experts from the supplier community to weed out the hyperbole and identify the predominant security technologies introduced during the year, plus top vertical markets and pandemic impacts.
Fire & EMS News
- LA: Fire alarm saves Shreveport homeowner from early morning …
12.14.21 – Shreveport Times – The Shreveport Fire Department and a homeowner are encouraging residents to check their alarms after an early morning fire.
- NH: Home alarm system helps save New Hampshire family, new …
12.15.21 – Windham, N.H. – A home alarm system may have saved the lives of a New Hampshire family from a fire and helped spare their new house in the process. Video from a Nest security system in the Windham home shows flames burning through the living room wall late Tuesday night.
- NH: Man credits security alarm for saving family from fire
12.16.21 – WCAX – A New Hampshire man says his security camera saved his family from a fire.
- ON: Smoke alarms alert family to overnight garage fire in …
12.18.21 – The Star – Smoke alarms alert family to overnight garage fire in Newmarket, Central York Fire says…
- WI: Smoke alarm helps minimize damage in Madison apartment fire
12.13.21 – Channel 3000 – Madison, Wis. – Damage was minimal from a fire at a Madison apartment Friday, thanks in part to smoke alarms. Residents reportedly called MFD just before 4 p.m. after hearing the alarms. Officials said no smoke or fire was visible from the outside when crews arrived.
- AR: Jonesboro police investigating an ATM robbery Thursday
12.15.21 – KATV – According to authorities, they responded to a bank alarm on Thursday at 4:11 a.m. and found an ATM machine ripped from the ground and money …
- CA: Fresno police investigating after alarm call at Mexican consulate
12-17-21 – Your Central Valley – (KSEE/KGPE) – Police officers are investigating after responding to an alarm call at the Mexican consulate in northwest Fresno Friday morning.
- CT: Man Accused of Robbing Bank in Preston Arrested After …
12.18.21 – NBC CT – Connecticut State Police have arrested a man who is accused of robbing a bank in Preston and then leading troopers on a pursuit on Friday.
- FL: Business alarm leads to man who later dies
12.14.21 – Perry Newspapers – A Taylor County Sheriff’s Office (TCSO) deputy responding to an alarm at a business in Tennille Tuesday night discovered an unresponsive 28-year-old male who …
- GA: 2 men charged with burglary of County Line Store
12.13.21 – the Citizen – Two men are in custody resulting from the investigation of the Nov. 15 burglary at the County Line Country Store.
- GA: ATM burglars crash truck into cash machine, load up with loot
12.13.21 – the Citizen – 6 incident where a truck apparently rammed a bank ATM machine, and with the suspects making off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
- GA: Dollar General burglary suspect sought in Talbot County
12.18.21 – WTVM – Authorities are looking for 33-year-old Darrell Juahmar Walker. He is described as 6′3″ tall, weighing about 225 pounds. On December 15, the …
- MI: Man arrested after burglary in Kalamazoo County
12.19.21 – KZOO – Sunday, deputies from Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office responded to a burglary alarm at Belle Tire on Gull Road in Comstock Township. Once they …
- MS: Man arrested for burglary at Jackson convenience store
12.14.21 – WJTV – Police responded to Jasco Convenience Store … Man arrested for burglary at Jackson convenience store.
- SC: Salem: Help needed identifying two people broke who into ATM
12.17.21 – WYFF4 – Deputies say two people attempted to break into an ATM at the Wells Fargo location near Keowee Key and the Salem area.
- UT: Burglary call leads to smoking smoke shop
12.18.21 – Fox 13 – Salt Lake City Fire crews responded to a commercial fire Saturday morning after smoke was spotted by Salt Lake City Police on a burglary …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Riley Fields
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate –
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela