- UBIETY Technologies, Rapid Response Partner To Reduce Residential False Alarms
12.10.21 – SSN – Chicago – Ubiety Technologies Inc., a sensor array and data analytics company, announced a long-term partnership with Rapid Response Monitoring, the leading provider of professional alarm monitoring services, to solve the 98 percent false alarm rate that challenges today’s security monitoring industry.
- Securitas to Acquire Stanley Security for $3.2B
12.8.21 – SSI -Stanley Security is expected to generate revenue of nearly $1.7 billion this year and will give Securitas a bigger global footprint.
- Pye-Barker Fire & Safety Acquires Mountain Alarm
12.10.21 – SSI – Mountain Alarm will retain its name and continue to be led by CEO Eric Garner and the existing management team.
- Cook & Boardman Acquires Ohio-Based Bass Security
12.8.21 – SSI Staff – Bass is a provider of video surveillance, intrusion and fire/life-safety solutions, as well as locksmith and hardware break/fix services.
- Guardian Protection Acquires Rampart Security Systems
12.6.21 – SSI Staff – The acquisition of Western Pennsylvania-based Rampart Security adds a mix of commercial and residential customers to Guardian’s account base.
- Q&A: Success in Construction Market Begins with Curating Strong Builder Relationships
12.8.21 – CEPro – For most integrators, finding success in the new construction market relies on establishing lasting relationships with tech-focused builders.
- 5 Ways Monitoring Centers Can Help Grow Your Business
12.10.21 – SSI – Kathryn Schultz – Whether you are looking to grow your business portfolio, create efficiencies within your company or increase your sales, your monitoring center is a great
- Net or Gross RMR? What You Should Expect a Buyer to Pay for Your Accounts
12.7.21 – SSI – Ken Kirschenbaum -Not all RMR is created equal. If you’re invoicing a subscriber $20 that’s not likely the number to calculate for the account during a sale.
- Eagle Eye Networks Names 5 Video Surveillance Trends to Watch in 2022
12.9.21 – SSI Staff – Flexibility to add customized analytics and the ability to do more with less are among the video surveillance trends to watch for in the coming year.
Fire & EMS News
- NY: Chief says ashes from wood stove sparked house fire – …
12.10.21 – Mid Hudson News – Union Vale Fire Chief says ashes from a wood stove were the cause of an early morning fire on Thursday.
- PA: Man charged with setting Bucks County house fire that killed …
12.6.21 – Philly Voice – Christopher Gillie, 61, of Lackawanna County, allegedly stole his roommate’s car and used it to drive to her parents’ home in Bucks County, …
- CA: Atwater man arrested for burglary, linked to other nearby …
12.8.21 – Atwater, Calif. … Tuesday at about 3:50 a.m., officers responded to a commercial burglary alarm. Officers say they found evidence of a break-in as well as a fire being set in the building.
- CA: Flash mob like thieves hit clothing store in Santa Barbara …
12.6.21 Cal Coast News – Santa Barbara police are looking for a group of about 10 teens who stole multiple items from a Volcom clothing store on the 600 block of State …
- FL: Florida man turns himself in after robbing Hollywood Food …
12.6.21 – WKRG – The driver Malachy Rhodes, 20, confessed to driving to and from the food mart. Police arrested Rhodes on Nov. 30 for accessory after the fact …
- FL: Orlando convenience store hit by back-to-back vandalism
12.6.21 – WESH – A local store owner worries he’s being targeted after he says his store was shot up twice within a matter of days.
- IN: Irvington business owner looks to the public to catch burglars …
12.7.21 – CBS 4 Indy – An Irvington business owner needs the public’s help to track down burglars that he believes are responsible for numerous thefts at his …
- MD: Robbers target CVS ATM
12.7.21 – ATM Marketplace – A group of people attempted to steal an ATM from a CVS in Baltimore. Police responded to a silent alarm at the CVS where they found a van …
- ND: UPDATE: Casselton bar burglarized; third business break-in …
12.10.21 – Casselton, N.D. (KFGO) – Cass County Sheriff Jesse Jahner says it has not been determined if a burglary early Friday at the Red Baron Lounge …
- NE: LPD: ATM damaged at Lincoln bank, cash stolen
12.6.21 – KLKN – Officers arrived at the bank and found a damaged ATM with cash missing. LPD says the ATM had an estimated $40,000 worth of damages. Officers …
- NY: Smash-and-grab thieves steal ‘substantial amount’ of jewelry …
12.7.21 – WETM – Thieves stole “a substantial amount” of jewelry within minutes from a Zale’s location in Arnot Mall over the weekend.
- OK: Police Report Attempted Break-In At Tulsa Gun Shop
12.8.21 – News On 6 – Tulsa, Oklahoma -. Tulsa police say someone attempted to break into a gun shop near 41st and Memorial early on Wednesday morning.
- TN: Burglars steal $100k in streetwear in minutes
12.7.21 – WREG – Memphis, Tenn. – Memphis police are looking for a group of burglars who stole around $100,000 worth of items from a street wear store during a smash and grab early Tuesday morning.
- TX: You Can Stand Your Ground in Texas. Even When You Kill a …
12.10.21 – Texas Monthly – Gun-friendly Texas has both a “stand your ground” law and a “castle doctrine,” meaning you can, respectively, defend yourself and your home (or castle) with deadly force—as long as you reasonably believe that such force is necessary.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate –
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela