Public Safety Updates
- GA: Roswell says false alarm strategy needs to improve
12.5.22 – AJC- Roswell says false alarm strategy needs to improve. Roswell is working on ways to reduce false alarms. Police Chief James Conroy says alarms.
- MD: Calvert County 911 Center Launches Automated Secure …
12.8.22 – The BayNet – ASAP provides direct communication between the ECC’s computer-aided dispatch system and the alarm system monitoring company. This connection …
- OR: New system will help reduce 911 hold times, city says
12.8.22- KOIN – The City of Portland’s Bureau of Emergency Communications has launched a new automated system that it says will help cut down the lengthy …
- WY: Casper City Council adopts new law to reduce false intruder …
12.10.22 – Casper Star Tribune – A new ordinance intended to cut down on false intruder alarms was adopted into law Tuesday by the Casper City Council.
- New security devices arrive for Wichita high schools
12.1.22 – KWCH-TV -New technology has started to arrive to help the Wichita school district enhance its security plans at its high schools. The Wichita Board of Education approved the purchase of OPENGATE screening devices for all WPS high schools at its meeting on Sept 12. On Friday, West High School will become the first Wichita school to use the screening devices.
- Jewelers Mutual Group spearheads movement to reduce jewelry crime
12.2.22 – SIW – Jewelers Mutual® Group, the insurance and business solutions provider, dedicated to the jewelry industry since 1913, is leading a movement to curb the rise of jewelry crime in the U.S. and Canada
- New technology allows 911 callers to give dispatch access to phone camera
12.2.22 – KCNC-TV – The next time you have an emergency that demands the aid of 911, you may be asked to help dispatchers and first responders by video chatting through your phone. A new software being rolled out throughout parts of Colorado now gives 911 dispatchers the ability to access a caller’s cellphone cameras after being given permission by the user.
- What Do You Do When Clients Decline Security Services?
12.7.22 – CI – ITSPs must try to help clients make informed, smart decisions about protecting their organization from cybersecurity threats.
- It’s Time to Modernize Your Client’s Video Infrastructure — Here’s How
12.9.22 – SSI – Managing video surveillance data across its lifecycle has become much more complex, and the legacy solutions for clients to store their data are unsustainable and costly in today’s climate of massive data growth.
- 4 Ways You Win with an Open, Single-Vendor Security Solution
12.9.22 – SSI – Building your customers’ security solutions used to be a binary choice.
- What is Wrong With This Picture?
12.5.22 – Security Today – New anomaly detection technology transcends conventional video analytics. The talk is about how they have the intelligence to help prevent potentially threatening events from escalating, and even proactively detect threats before they take place.
Fire & EMS News
- IA: Dog accidentally pulls fire alarm at day care –
12.5.22 – GRIMES, Iowa, (KCCI, CNN Newsource) — An Iowa dog named Birdie is bad to the bone. The golden retriever was so excited to go to dog camp that she accidentally pulled the fire alarm!
- GA: 2 men arrested, third on run in burglary of Macon, GA gas station
12.5.22 – WMAZ – Just after 4 a.m. three men entered the Murphy Express Gas Station at 1402 Gray Highway and set off the alarm inside. The suspects drove away in …
- GA: Teen arrested on burglary charge after attempting to flee from …
12.6.22 – Lagrange, Ga. (WTVM) – An 18-year-old was arrested after fleeing from officers during a burglary in LaGrange.
- KS: Owner traps intruder in Wichita winery. But there was a lot of …
12.8.2 – Wichita Eagle – A downtown Wichita winery was ransacked Tuesday night, causing damages the owner estimates to be around $26,000. Jenny Dawn Cellars owner …
- OR: Armed robbery suspects on the run after robbing Purple Parrot
12.5.22 – KOBI – The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office is trying to find two suspects from a reported armed robbery at the Purple Parrot in White City.
- WA: Teen arrested in connection to Tacoma pot shop robbery and …
12.6.22 – KIRO – A teen has been arrested in connection to the Oct. 28 robbery of a cannabis shop in Tacoma, according to the Tacoma Police Department.
- WA: Thief hid in Wenatchee JC Penney until after closing, then …
12.8.22 – NCW Life – Wenatchee police are still searching for a suspect in a November jewelry theft at the JC Penney department store in Wenatchee.
- IL: Police search for suspect in break-in at Chicken Hop in Rockford
12.8.22 – WIFR – Thursday at Chicken Hop, 3511 E. State St. in Rockford. Police responded to the alarm and found the front doors and windows of the restaurant …
- HI: Woman charged in laundromat burglary
12.6.22 – Maui News – Cynthia Tongi, 19, of Kihei was charged with second-degree burglary. She allegedly was seen in surveillance video in Happy Valley Laundry after …
- AR: Attempted ATM theft investigated
12.7.22 – The Sentinel-Record — JESSIEVILLE — A masked man in a pickup truck reportedly attempted to steal an ATM from a Jessieville convenience store late Monday by
- DE: Dover gas station burglarized early Wednesday
12.7.22 – Bay to Bay News – Dover – The US Gas station at 505 Bay Road was burglarized early Wednesday, authorities said. Dover police spokesperson Master Cpl. Ryan …
- TN: 2 suspects wanted for East Memphis burglary
12.7.22 WMC – Memphis Police Department is investigating a burglary that happened in East Memphis on Tuesday morning, according to police.
- MO: Thieves break-in to Mtn. View restaurant
12.7.22 – Howell County News – Four unidentified persons broke in to Fine China restaurant at approximately 1:30 a.m. on Nov. 29, says Mountain View Police Chief Jamie …
- NE: Nebraska woman charged with ATM crime
12.7.22 – ATM Marketplace – Furnas County, Nebraska deputies have charged a woman for allegedly attempting to break into a Cambridge Bank ATM. Shannon Proctor, along with an unidentified man, allegedly tried to use a crowbar to steal from the ATM, according to a report by Nebraska.tv.
- CA: Police looking for man who robbed bank in Petaluma
12.8.22 – KRON – The suspect is 5’4″ to 5’7″ tall with a medium build. He was wearing a light gray hoodie, a dark face mask, dark pants, and dark shoes. Anyone …
- MO: Joplin convenience store broken into twice in same night
12.9.22 – Joplin Globe – Dec. 9—A convenience store in Joplin was broken into for a fourth and fifth time in three weeks early Wednesday morning.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.