Public Safety Updates
- MT: Billings places fine on commercial property owners with too …
11.22.21 – KTVQ – The false alarms are broken into two categories for police and fire responses that will be reset yearly. For example, a commercial property …
- Raise Your Power over Ethernet Comfort Level
11.5.21 – EC&M – Knowing the ins and outs of this technology can help you seize new opportunities.
- 11.23.21 – Deseret News – Ventures into pest control or home security can be lucrative — or ruinous.
- Report: Video Security Businesses Saw Growth in 2021 Despite Labor Shortage
11.22.21 – SSI – In spite of difficulties in hiring qualified employees, 79% of small security businesses reported client growth, compared to 59% last year.
- How Pro AV Integrators Are Handling Vaccination Requirements
11.23.21 – CI: We asked three integration firms how they are handling COVID vaccinations for employees, and there is no consensus.
- Big Idea of the Month: Build Profit Beyond Traditional RMR
11.26.21 – SSI – Ron Davis talks to ADT President of Dealer Partnerships Joe Nuccio about creating RMR from services beyond monitoring.
- 3 Use Cases That Demonstrate the Flexibility of Biometrics for …
11.24.21 – SSI – Biometric technology has been proven to be a flexible and effective solution for myriad applications. Here are three success stories.
- Can Surveillance Cameras Legally Record a Neighbor’s House?
11.26.21 – SSI – In a nutshell, the integrator can install the surveillance cameras but should avoid discussing the lawfulness of the installation with the client.
- How Selling Wellness Solutions Can Offer Your Business a Booster Shot
11.24.21- SSI – A recent study illustrates why wellness-related technologies represents a new opportunity for residential security dealers to apply their expertise in this emerging IoT arena.
Fire & EMS News
- ON: Smoke alarm credited with saving woman’s life
11.4.21 – Sarnia News Today – The Petrolia and North Enniskillen Fire Department is once again reminding homeowners about the importance of smoke alarms.
- VA: Richmond crews respond to kitchen fire at DaVinci’s Pizza this …
11.23.21 – (WRIC) – Richmond emergency crews quickly responded to a kitchen fire at a pizza restaurant on East Broad Street early Tuesday morning. Police responded to DaVinci’s Pizza just after 1 a.m. for a burglar alarm going off. Police arrived on scene and saw smoke before calling the fire department.
- CA: Los Angeles-area looters target Home Depot, Bottega Veneta stores on Black Friday: reports
11.27.21 – Fox News – Officials in California sent word earlier this week that they planned to crack down on “smash and grab” robberies and flash-mob-style looting after numerous recent incidents up and down the state.
- CA: Security Camera Captures Swarm of Thieves Stealing From …
11.23.21 – NBC – A security camera captured a swarm of vandals grabbing hats, clothes and shoes at Prime 356 in downtown Oakland.
- CA: Suspected armed robber shot and killed by police in Merced
11.23.21 – KMPH – The Merced Police Department received a silent alarm from the Circle K convenience store on G St. in Merced Monday night.
- FL: Jacksonville police, store owner working together to find …
11.23.21 – Fox 16 – Jacksonville police, store owner working together to find burglars. … — A local store and Jacksonville Police are working together in hopes of finding three suspects involved in a burglary. This happened at Goodsell Truck Accessories…
- ID: Man gets rider for hiding inside CAL Ranch store, attempting …
11.24.21 – East Idaho News – Cody Abe Winterbottom, 32, was placed placed in the program with an underlying three- to eight-year prison sentence by 6th District Judge Robert …
- IL: 3 Stores Burglarized Within an Hour on Chicago’s Northwest Side
11.26.21 – Chicago Sun Times – Three stores were burglarized within an hour early Friday on the Northwest Side. About 1:40 a.m., police responded to a burglar alarm at a Footlocker store and found a shattered window and missing clothes, Chicago police said.
- KY: Thieves steal 18 rifles, including AR-15s, after tearing a hole …
11.24.21 – WCBI – The pawn shop says the 18 stolen guns were among their most expensive and included AR-15s, shotguns and hunting rifles.
- MD: Suspects try to steal an ATM by bashing it with a stolen van …
11.28.21 – Fox Baltimore – An unknown number of people tried to steal a CVS ATM with a stolen van on Sunday morning, Baltimore Police said.
- NY: Cops: Riverhead man smashed through Lowe’s glass front …
11.26.21 – Riverhead Local – Police said Terry M. Smith, 58, used a large piece of steel to smash the glass on two of the front doors at Lowe’s late last night and removed …
- WA: Suspect Captured Mid-Burglary: Lakewood Police
11.23.21 – Patch – Lakewood, WA – The Lakewood Police Department is reporting an easier-than-usual arrest, after their officers reportedly stumbled upon a burglary …
- WA: ‘We are fed up:’ Suspect smashes window of downtown …
11.24.21 – Fox 13 – Video from his restaurant shows a suspect set off the alarm at 4:45 a.m Wednesday morning, run into at the bar area, grab …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate –
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela