Public Safety Updates
- AB: Rimbey RCMP report increase in false alarm occurrences
11.19.21 – Rimbey Review – Rimbey RCMP say they are experiencing a significant increase in false alarm occurrences recently. They are asking citizens that have an …
- OH: Court nixes Cincinnati’s burglar alarm fee, says it could have …
11.15.21 – Cincinnati.com – “Instead of promoting the public health and welfare, the assessments, as currently written, may have a chilling effect in that it deters citizens from utilizing alarm systems to protect themselves, their homes, and their property,” wrote Judge Marilyn Zayas in a concurring decision.
- VA: Richmond implements registry for home security systems
11.15.21 – WRIC – The letters notify residents about the City of Richmond Alarm Ordinance requiring owners to register their alarm system.
- WI: Green Bay launches program to reduce false alarms
11.17.21 – Fox 11- The False Alarm Reduction program was launched earlier this week in partnership with PM AM Corporation. … It asks all residences and businesses that have an alarm system to apply for and complete an alarm permit application online.
- TMA’S ASAP Welcomes Its First PSAP/ECC In The State Of Washington
11.19.21 – McLean, Va. – The Monitoring Association (TMA) went live on Nov. 9, 2021, with its 93rd municipality to join its expanding Automated Secure Alarm Protocol (ASAP) service network.
- Volusia County school staff badges cause handful of false …
11.15.21 – WFTV – A badge Volusia County school staff can use to alert everyone on campus to a dangerous situation has led to some false alarms.
- FOX 13 Investigates: Video shows Vivint salesman making …
11.18.21 – Salt Lake City – FOX 13 Investigates: Video shows Vivint Smart Home salesman making false claims, cited in ADT lawsuit.
- SIA Outlines Ways Infrastructure Bill Will Impact Security Industry
7-15-21 – SSI – SIA commended President Biden for signing the legislation and summarized a wide range of sectors within the industry expected to be effected.
- 14 Solutions to Help Clients Meet Work From Home Needs
11.17.21- SSI – Robert Archer – The new work from home trend presents a huge opportunity for residential security dealers/integrators to offer not only security but also home automation and communications solutions.
- Monitoring Value: Do You Know Your Company’s True Worth?
11.19.21 – SSI – Today, buyers and lenders have much different metrics when it comes to determining what a fair and equitable purchase price is for a given customer base.
- 10 Ways to Prevent Home Fires this Thanksgiving | FEMA.gov
11.19.21 – FEMA – Stand by your pan. … Keep an eye on what you fry! … Roll up your sleeves. …
Fire & EMS News
- IL: False fire alarm at Guilford High School
11.8.21 – (WIFR) – Guilford students and staff are back in class after a fire evacuation Thursday morning. Fire department crews say the alarm was false.
- MD: Working Smoke Alarm Alerts Occupants To Fire
11.15.21 – WGMD – According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, a working smoke alarm alerted occupants and everyone got out safely. The fire apparently started in a bedroom, and the cause is still under investigation.
- VA: Working fire alarm prompts hotel evacuation following small fire
11.15.21 – Potomac Local – Occupants of a hotel in southern Stafford County were evacuated Saturday after a small fire broke out in a laundry room.
- CA: Robbery problems at Bollywood restaurant in Fresno, CA
11.16.21 – Fresno Bee – Robbery impact still felt at Fresno restaurant. Thief knew what he was doing, co-owner says.
- CA: Suspect Caught After Business Burglary
11.15.21 – KSAL – James Miller, 33, is charged with burglary, theft and criminal possession of a firearm stemming from the situation at 10 p.m. on Saturday.
- CT Man Nabbed For Robbery Of TD Bank, Police Say …
11.20.21 – Daily Voice – Richard Davila, age 59, of Stratford, was arrested for the robbery which took place around 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov.
- CT: Police: Bridgeport bank robber apprehended in Stratford
11.18.21 – Middletown Press – Richard Davila, 59, with a last known address in Stratford, Conn., was charged with second-degree robbery.
- CT; 5 home burglaries in 6 weeks follow same pattern,
11.15.21 – Stamford Advocate – New Canaan – Police say they are investigating another home burglary that follows the same pattern of four others that have occurred in the past six weeks. The latest burglary was reported around 12:30 p.m. Sunday at a home. … Police said a glass door at the rear of the home was smashed to allow entry.
- FL: Police looking for man accused of robbing Temple Terrace bank
11.18.21 – WTSP- Temple Terrace, Fla.- Law enforcement is asking for help in identifying the man they say robbed a bank Thursday morning in Temple Terrace.
- GA: Burglars smash into 2 south Fayette stores, steal cash
11.16.21 – The Citizen – Babb said the owner initially reported nothing missing, though an additional search of the business revealed that a large amount of cash had …
- HI: Break-in at Moiliili Community Center leaves thousands of …
11.19.21 – Honolulu (KHON2) – The employees at the Moiliili Community Center are still trying to make sense of the Friday morning break-in on Nov. 19 that left them with thousands of dollars in damage; this is money that is used toward programs to benefit kupuna and keiki.
- IN: THPD arrest man for allegedly burglarizing a church
11.19.21 – My Wabash Valley – Officers responded to the church around 2 a.m., according to a THPD Facebook post, in reference to a burglary alarm going off.
- LA – 2 arrested following burglary of Benton gun store
11.18.21 – KSLA – On Sunday, Nov. 14, BSO deputies were dispatched in response to an alarm going off at the Guns-N-Ammo Store.
- LA: Two Suspects Arrested in North Bossier ‘Through the Roof …
11.17.21 – Bossier Now – Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office detectives are continuing their investigation into the burglary of a gun store in North Bossier.
- MA: Arrest Made in Saugus Bank Robbery
11.15.21 – NBC Boston – The suspect has been identified as Gary Lacey, 48, of Tewksbury. He will be charged with two counts of unarmed robbery because he robbed two …
- MI: Saginaw probation absconder charged with breaking into …
11.16.21 – MLive – Saginaw, MI – Just months after being sentenced to years of probation, a Saginaw man is facing two new criminal charges for allegedly burglarizing a cellphone store. Saginaw County District Judge Terry L. Clark on Monday, Nov. … Harris’ charges stem from a break-in at Boost Mobile, the night of Nov.
- OH: Police arrest man for breaking into Huber Heights business
11.17.21 – WHIO – According to police, Travis Hutchinson, 38, was arrested after police were sent to Gander RV after an alarm was set off from motion at a gun …
- ON: Cobourg man arrested after police respond to alarm at …
11.18.21 – Northumberland News – 16, at 2:23 a.m., Cobourg police officers were dispatched to attend a secure compound near downtown Cobourg in response to a report of an alarm …
- ON: Peterborough man arrested following convenience store robbery
11.17.21 – Global News – A Peterborough man is facing charges following a reported robbery at a convenience store early Wednesday.
- TN: Hermitage Hooters burglar arrested, police say
11.16.21 – Hermitage, Tenn. (WKRN) – A wanted man was taken into custody after a restaurant in Hermitage was burglarized early Tuesday morning.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate –
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela