- Security Technology for Modern Correction Venues
10.20.21 – CN – Modern correctional facilities face a number of security challenges. From an inundation of contraband and the growing risk of cyber threats, …
- Vivint Countersues ADT Following Denial of Motion to Dismiss
10.21.21 – SSI – Following a lawsuit brought on by Big Blue last year, Vivint has countersued claiming ADT is in fact the one stealing customers.
- Evolution, Growth & Change: Entrepreneurship in the Security Industry
10.22.21 – SSI – As technology has matured and markets changed, new industry entrants have led to the restructuring of the industry, which in turn caused it to be a bit more challenging for a simple start-up to compete in the current, rapidly moving landscape.
- Three Reasons Perimeter Protection Needs to be Included in Your…
10.21.21 – Data Center Knowledge – Restricted Secured Area (RSA) surveillance needs to extend beyond your fence line
- How to Accurately Determine Your Clients’ Smart Home Technology Budget
10.19.21 – CEPro – HTA Budget Calculator available as free tool on cepro.com to help integrators guide clients through smart home technology budgeting process.
- Why You Need Good Legal Help In Pro AV
10.19.21 – CI – Look out for these common contractual speedbumps that can derail the relationships you have with your customers.
- Police Dispatch Quality Runner-up B Safe Cracks Down on False Alarms
10.22.21 – SSI – B Safe credits its false alarm success to proper customer training at installation, standard dispatch procedures for every system that are easy for the customer to understand and the use of new technologies.
- How Schmidt Security Won the 2021 Police Dispatch Quality Award
10.22.21 – SSI – Schmidt Security Pro implements its three-pronged EAP (education & training; attention & review; protocol & standards) program to thwart false alarms.
- CA:CPD involved in chase after burglary attempt from Euro Café
10.18.21 – Claremont Courier — The officer attempted to use his patrol vehicle to block the suspects from fleeing, but the suspect vehicle rammed the front of the patrol …
- CO: Teens caught on camera pranking Green Valley Ranch homes
10.18.21 – KDVR – Video caught a group of four teenagers banging on the front door then running. He said they called and reported it to police and also posted on …
- CT: Police investigate armed bank robbery in Meriden
10.21.21 – CT Post – Liberty Bank on East Main Street in Meriden, Conn., was robbed by a male suspect who police said was armed on Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021.
- CT: Stamford PD: Serial burglar caught, confessed to hitting 9 …
10.18.21 – News 12 – An alleged serial burglar believed to have hit nine businesses in just over a month has been arrested by Stamford police. Currently, the suspect, Fabio Martinez-Rodriguez, is only charged with breaking into Park View Variety convenience store at Columbus Park. … Each of the burglaries had the same pattern, police say.
- CT:State police are investigating two robberies in …
10.22.21 – NewsBreak – Deep River, CT – One happened in Deep River, the other in Somers. In Deep River, a Liberty Bank was robbed. An alarm was set by the bank …
- FL: Fire at TGI Fridays Leaves Restaurant Closed Until Further …
10.19.21 – Tapinto.net – The restaurant will remain closed until further notice.
- IL: Hinsdale Burglary Likely Tied To September Break-In: Cops
10.18.21 – Patch – Hinsdale, IL – A house in the 200 block of East Hickory Street was broken into over the weekend, believed to be related to a break-in that …
- IL: Logan Square Homeowner Tackles Man …
10.18.21 – Block Club Chicago – A Logan Square resident chased and restrained a man who broke into his home earlier this month, setting off an alarm that should have alerted police.
- IL: Wheaton Police Searching For Suspect In Attempted Bank …
10.18.21 – Patch – Wheaton, IL – Wheaton Police are investigating after an attempted bank robbery at the BMO Harris Bank on Blanchard Circle Saturday. Police said …
- MA: Thieves smash window at Wilmington convenience store …
10.19.21 – (WHDH) – Police launched an investigation after an ATM was stolen from inside a convenience store in Wilmington early Monday morning. Officers …
- MN: Suspect in Robbery at the Central Minnesota Sexual …
10.20.21 – (KNSI) – Officials in Benton County say they have a person in custody in connection to the 2020 burglary at the…
- MO: Police investigating Paducah pharmacy burglary
10.18.21 -KFVS12 – According to police, at around 2:20 a.m. on Sunday, October 17, they responded to Davis Drugs Pharmacy on Lone Oak Road for a burglary alarm.
- NY: Riverhead police investigate two commercial burglaries that …
10.21.21 – Riverhead Local – Riverhead police are looking for people who burglarized two Riverhead stores within a half-hour early this morning. Police said five people …
- OH: 2 Akron smoke shops broken into twice within the month …
10.19.21 – News 5 – Akron, Ohio – Akron police are investigating smash and grab incidents at two smoke shops that happened twice at each location within the last month, according to the department. … A worker sweeps up broken glass at the Valley Smoke Shop in Akron.
- OH: Police in Middletown looking for vandals who broke …
10.22.21 – Middletown, Ohio (WKRC) – Police in Middletown are looking for a group of vandals who did thousands of dollars in damage to a local church.
- OH: Thieves drive car through Youngstown gas station, steal $4K
10.19.21 – Youngstown, Ohio (WKBN) – Reports said someone drove a car through the side of a Market Street gas station early Tuesday morning and stole $4,000. Police were called about 4:25 a.m. for a report of an alarm at the Gateway Gas Mart. When officers got there, they found a car rammed into the building.
- TN: Detectives Work to Identify Three Suspects in Jewelers Burglary
10.21.21 – Nashville.gov — Madison Precinct detectives are trying to identify three suspects involved in a burglary at Dick Bundy’s Regency Jewelers …
- TN: Three Arrested During Burglary in Progress
10.18.21 – WJLE – 20 year old Michael James Dodd of Alexandria is charged with possession of burglary tools, evading arrest, theft of property over $2,500, …
- WA: Broadway bank robbery suspect doesn’t make it far before arrest
10.21.21 – Capitol Hill Seattle Blog – A hold-up at the Broadway Chase bank ended up with an arrest only a few blocks away Thursday morning.
- WA: Suspect caught on camera fleeing scene after break-in
10.19.21 – MI Reporter – Missing cyclist found: A cyclist went missing from her group on Mercer Island and was later located through coordination with neighboring cities …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela