Public Safety Updates
- North Carolina County Latest to Implement ASAP to PSAP Service
10.16.20 – SSI – Vector Security assisted with implementation of ASAP-to-PSAP in Wake County, N.C., by helping to conduct extensive testing prior to the system going live.
- COVID-19 to Cause Global Fingerprint Revenues to Fall 22% in 2020
10.16.20 – SSI – That’s the latest projection from ABI Research, which says governmental budgetary restrictions, a shift in commercial investments and hygiene are to blame.
- Per Mar Security Acquires Indiana-Based Martin Security Systems
10.14.20 – SSI – Martin Security Systems was founded by Robert Martin in 1984. His sons, Rich and Rob Martin, have joined the Per Mar team.
State & National News
- New Zoom Rooms Features, Devices Announced at Zoomtopia
10.16.20 – CI – New features and devices for Zoom Rooms are designed to better support the remote and hybrid workforce as customers return to the office.
- Six pillars that address safe business travel
10.16.20 – Security – What security and risk management issues do you need to consider before business travel resumes?
- Residential Video Trends: How Security Pros Can Make Porch …
10.14.21 — Residential Video Trends: How Security Pros Can Make Porch Pirates Walk the Plank. Video cameras and especially video doorbells have been …
- How COVID-19 Has Changed Selling and Installing Security
10.14.20 – SSI – The security sales process now includes virtual meetings while installations require PPE. Two integrators share their perspectives.
- 4 Proven Tips to Help You Upgrade Your Customers to LTE
10.15.20 – SSI – Navigating the 3G sunset is no easy task. Learn about the strategy that has one integrator on the verge of completing upgrades for its entire 3G customer base.
- Can multi-factor authentication save us from password-based attacks?
10.15.20 – SIW – MFA tech is fairly easy to implement and can dramatically improve security
Fire & EMS News
- ON: Working smoke alarm alerts family to kitchen fire at …
10.13.20 – Barrie 360 – But that’s not the point. One of the key reasons there was a positive outcome to a fire in a dishwasher at a cottage in Gravenhurst on Saturday …
- FL: Burglar creates hole in roof to get inside Hialeah restaurant
10.17.20 – Hialeah, Fla. – A determined burglar is seen on surveillance snooping outside a Hialeah restaurant. He eventually climbs on the roof and creates a hole to get inside. The owner of La Caridad on East Hialeah Drive told police he then saw the suspect looking inside drawers in the restaurant.
- GA: Deputy: Alleged Burglar caught red-handed
10.15.20 – Monroe CO., GA (CBS46)—An alert security system and quick responding deputies helped nabbed an alleged burglar red-handed.
- IL: Gas station burglarized Monday night in Rockford
10.13.20 – WIFR – The Rockford Police Department is looking for a suspect after a gas station was burglarized in Rockford Monday night. Officers were called to the BP gas station at 1955 Elmwood Rd. by an alarm at 11:55 p.m., according to the Rockford Police Department.
- LA: Lafayette Police searching for convenience store …
10.13.20 – Lafayette, La. (KLFY) — Lafayette Police are requesting the public’s help in identifying and catching a burglar caught on camera while …
- MA: Ashby man charged with breaking into Leominster commercial …
10.13.20 – Leominster — An Ashby man, who is a convicted felon and free on bail after allegedly breaking into a Rindge Road home in Fitchburg in March, was arrested in June for allegedly breaking into the commercial office building, causing significant damage and stealing a number of items, according to police and …
- MD: Gucci store robbery in Maryland, video shows suspects in act …
10.17.20 – WUSA – VIDEO: Surveillance camera captures smash and grab robbery at Clarksburg Gucci store. Thieves stole $35,000 worth of merchandise in under …
- NE: Wanted man arrested for breaking into laundromat
10.13.20 – (KOLN) – Lincoln Police arrested a 36-year-old wanted man after he reportedly broke into a local laundromat on Tuesday. … LPD said around 6 a.m. officers were sent to City Laundry at 1142 Cornhusker after the owner called and said the alarm was going off.
- OH: Intoxicated man searching for chicken nuggets triggers burglar …
10.17.20 – Cleveland.com – The 25-year-old Westlake resident appeared intoxicated and said he was surprised that no one was there to take his order for chicken nuggets
- TN: Crime Stoppers: Bald burglar breaks-in to businesses …
10.14.20 – WRCB— Crime Stoppers: This week’s suspect has a distinctive look and while his car might not stand out, there …
- TN: Memphis woman catches burglar in home, holds him for police
10.16.20 – Memphis, Tenn. (WREG) — A suspected home burglar alternated between threats and begging when confronted by the woman whose East …
- WA: Burglar caught inside Spokane store
10.12.20 – KHQ – Spokane Wash – Spokane County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to an alarm call at the Mobile Gas Station on Oct. 12 at approximately 12:40 …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela