- How Real-Time Data Will Improve Alarm Response
10.15.21- SSI – The Monitoring Association has initiated work on a new American National Standard, AVS-01, which will use data applicable to alarm activations at protected premises to create an alarm validation score.
- Are You Betting on AT&T Extending February’s 3G Sunset?
10.13.21 – SSI – With AT&T’s Feb. 22, 2022 3G sunset deadline right around the corner, six security industry providers share whether they believe the telecom giant will push back the date.
- Attrition Report Reveals Security Industry Escaped 2020 Relatively Unscathed
10.15.21- SSI – During The Monitoring Association’s Annual Meeting, John Brady shared findings from his yearly attrition report. Industry analysts also dove into recent M&A activity
- 4 Ways Dedicated Business Software Trumps an All-in-One Solution
10.11.21 – SSI – Tracy Larson – With customers’ integrated security solutions, the whole ideally exceeds the parts. Find out why internally interconnecting sales management and operations platforms can similarly reap substantial dividends.
- The Strengths of Being Both a Commercial & Residential AV Integrator
10.14.21 – CEPro – Instead of committing all of an AV business’ resources to either commercial or residential projects, integrators should strongly consider hedging their bets and opting for a resimercial business.
- Windows 11 Users Need A Separate Microsoft Teams App for Work or Personal Use
10.11.21 – CI – Windows 11 comes with Teams built into the Taskbar, but that version of Teams will only be for personal use, the company says.
- How Integrators Can Provide Value to Hoteliers Via Technology
10.13.21 – SSI – Alyssa Borelli – Security and A/V integrators play an essential role in helping resorts create personalized experiences for guests with the use of technology.
Fire & EMS News
- AZ: PHX fire demonstrates safety protocols at haunted house
10.12.21 – Phoenix – Every year, the Phoenix Fire Department says it inspects and approves haunted houses in the Phoenix area to ensure residents will have a safe and fun Halloween. On Tuesday, the department gave ABC15 a tour of The 13th Floor, the only haunted house approved by the Phoenix fire code within city limits.
- CA: Placer Sheriff’s says man caught stealing gas from county truck
10.12.21 – Sacramento Bee – Auburn man caught stealing gas from Placer County vehicle, sheriff’s officials say. A Placer County deputy arrested an Auburn man caught stealing gas from a county-owned pickup last week, causing over $2,000 worth of damage to the vehicle. The gasoline theft occurred about 4:40 a.m.
- CO: Police notes: Two juvenile males arrested on suspicion of …
10.11.21 – Times Call – Longmont police on Sunday responded to an alarm call in the 1800 block of Boston Avenue. The call was later determined to be an attempted …
- CT: Branford Police search for bank robbery suspect
10.16.21 – Branford, CT (WFSB) – Branford Police are searching for a bank robbery that occurred on Oct. 15 at 10:40 a.m. Bank officials said a white or Hispanic male handed a teller a note demanding money. It also said to not activate the alarm. The teller handed over an undetermined amount of cash, and the man fled.
- CT: Bridgeport men charged in Westport store burglary
10.15.21 – CT Post – Westport – Two Bridgeport men were arrested Wednesday in connection with a break-in that took place in July 2020. … According to police reports, officers responded to the Merritt Country Store on Main Street for a burglar alarm activation about 3:25 a.m. on July 11, 2020.
- CT: Teen arrested in East Hampton on marijuana, weapons charges
10.12.21 – East Hampton, CT (WFSB) – A 17-year-old was arrested after police found him to be in possession of a large amount of marijuana and a gun. Police said they were called to the Sears Park Pavilion in East Hampton on Oct. 6 just before 7:25 p.m.
- FL: Lake Worth Beach burglary ends in shooting, deputies …
10.13.21 – WPTV – A burglary to a Lake Worth Beach business resulted in a shooting Wednesday morning, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
- KS: Wichita PD needs help identifying burglar who hid in …
10.12.21 – KWCH – The Wichita Police Department needs your help identifying the pictured individual, suspected of a burglary …
- KY: Louisville man arrested after burglary at JCPS middle school
10.11.21 – WAVE – Jonathan Watson, 27, was charged with burglary third degree, possession of burglary tools and theft of mail matter after being caught on camera …
- KY: Man charged in connection with break-in at …
10.12.21 – KFVS – Christopher Roper is accused of breaking into a Paducah pharmacy on September 7.(Paducah Police Department).
- KY: Police working to identify a group of people who attempted to …
10.11.21 – WNKY – Smiths Grove, Ky. – Smith’s Grove police are looking for an individual who attempted to break into a gun store over the weekend.
- KY: Russell Police search for burglary suspect
10.16.21 -WSAV – Russell Police search for burglary suspect. RPD is looking for someone in connection with a burglary early Saturday morning…
- MS: Tupelo man charged with commercial burglary
10.11.21 – DJ Journal – The investigation led officials to charge Tyjavrious Gandy, 21, of Tupelo with burglary of a commercial building.
- NC: Deputies Identify Break-In Suspect Posing As Contractor
10.12.21 – Johnson County Report – Benson – Two months after a southern Johnston County home was broken into by a man posing as a contractor a suspect has been charged
- NC: Wilson man arrested for series of breaking and entering
10.11.21 – WITN – Rocky Mount police say 41-year-old Trabis Alston was arrested for multiple breaking and entering.
- OR: Portland hardware store hit by ‘Mission Impossible’ burglars
10.11.21- Portland, Ore. (KPTV) – Pearl Hardware is out thousands of dollars after two burglars came in the middle of the night, and the way the suspects broke in was like something out of a movie. “Kind of like a Mission Impossible type thing. Not as cleanly,” Pearl Hardware Supervisor Drew Stefani said.
- SC: Report: Man who broke into SC bank tried to cook chicken in breakroom, sleep in lobby
10.15.21 – WSAV – Nicholas Rodriguez, 36, is facing charges of second-degree burglary for breaking into a BB&T Bank in Goose Creek late Saturday night. According to reports, Rodriguez threw a rock through the window and climbed in, cutting his hand and setting off the alarm in the process.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela