Public Safety Updates
- Lawrenceville (Ga.) to Hit False Alarm Offenders in the Pocketbook
10.7.21 – SSI – The city council adopted a less onerous false alarm ordinance passed by other nearby jurisdictions in metro Atlanta, including Sandy Springs.
- Florida Police Department Brings Advanced Emergency Response Tech to Business Community
10.4.21 – SSI – The ALERT system allows for immediate communication with police departments, giving law enforcement real-time access to surveillance cameras, security systems and more.
- Ponderosa Pet Resort fire in Georgetown: Legislator files bill
10.8.21 – KVUE – Texas Rep. James Talarico has filed a bill that, if passed, would require fire alarms and sprinkler systems in dog kennels if the kennel is not staffed 24/7. The bill, House Bill 147, aims to ensure that a deadly fire never happens again, according to a press release from Talarico’s office sent on Oct. 7.
- ADT, Redfin Partner to Expand ‘Direct Access’ Self Home Tours
10.5.21 – SSI – ADT will equip Direct Access homes with smart locks, sensors and 24/7 monitoring, allowing buyers to enter and tour a residence.
- The Rise of Cellular for Fire Alarm Signal Transmission
10.8.21 – SIW – Five ways cellular communications presents benefits beyond simply being a “POTS alternative”
- Four New Technology Trends For Integrators
10.5.21 – CI – The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated these technology trends that the integration community should start exploring in 2021 and beyond.
- Can You Eliminate Your Lead Technician Positions?
10.8.21 – CI – Integrator migrates away from lead technicians to project managers with positive results. Is that a formula you can repeat?
- The Rise of Data Mining in Security and What It Means for the Future
10.8.21 – SSI – The possibilities for new or expanded opportunities are just about limitless, putting a whole new spin on “data security” … and not that far down the road maybe how you describe your business.
- Why Interactive Services Are Driving Growth in Residential Security Market
10.7.21 – SSI – Competition from DIY solutions, low-cost smart home devices, new business models, new partnerships, emerging technologies and new entrants continue to transform residential security.
- AI for the Bad Guy: How Artificial Intelligence Is Making Video Verification More Effective & Marketable
10.6.21 – SSI – Advances in technology are better tying video in with intrusion alarms to slash false alarms and save valuable law enforcement resources.
- PSA, NSCA Research Delves Into What’s Behind Successful Integrators
10.6.21 – SSI – “Anatomy of a Successful MSP” provides a blueprint for a profitable service business by deconstructing how some integrators achieve success.
- Is Wellness the Next Big Play for Integrators?
10.5.21 – SSI – Worth an estimated $1.5 trillion, it’s time for integrators to take advantage of opportunities in the wellness market.
- Survey: Seniors Becoming More Involved in Smart Lock Purchases
10.5.21 – SSI – When a dealer sees a senior citizen, there is now a far greater likelihood that they are going to either buy the lock or play an integral role in making the decision.
- How to Capitalize on the Rising Interest in Residential Video Cameras
10.5.21 – SSI – Once considered taboo, in recent times video cameras (especially doorbells) have been among the fastest-growing security products sold into the home. Find out how cameras have become a window to a fully monitored security and life-safety solution.
- Four tips on buying a home security system with four red flags to
10.4.21 – Herald Dispatch – Better Business Bureau serving Canton Region and Greater West Virginia offers tips and advice for consumers to avoid fraudulent practices. Visit ..
- See the top reasons why smoke alarms fail to operate – …
10.4.21 – News Advocate – However, the release states that almost three out of five home fire deaths occur in homes with no smoke alarms, 41%, or smoke alarms that failed to operate,16%; missing or non-functional power sources, including missing or disconnected batteries, dead batteries, and disconnected hardwired alarms or other alternate …
Fire & EMS News
- ON:Early morning fire at ATM in Ottawa’s Centretown …
10.10.21 CTV- Ottawa fire received a 911 call from a monitoring company for a bank on Somerset Street West, between Percy Street and Bronson Avenue, at 4 a.m. …
- TN: Bucks at Grizzlies game called off after third quarter due to fire …
10.6.21 – The Milwaukee Bucks at Memphis Grizzlies preseason game tonight has been suspended at the conclusion of the third quarter due to a fire alarm issue at FedExForum. With the lengthy delay, the league, in consultation with the Bucks and Grizzlies, has determined not to complete the game in the interest of player safety.
- TX: Man awoken by smoke alarm able to escape fire at … –
10.4.21 – KSAT – Man awoken by smoke alarm able to escape fire at Southwest Side home, SAFD says. The cause of the fire is unknown
- MI: Owner startled by intoxicated man found sleeping on spa bed
10.7.21 News Herald – Imagine being a spa owner, going to work on a Saturday morning and then after 40 minutes discovering that you’re not alone in the building.
- NC: Man accused of breaking into home, shooting woman in Eden
10.9.21 – EDEN, N.C. (WGHP) – A woman was seriously hurt in a shooting after a man broke into a home, according to Eden police. At 1:03 a.m. Saturday, …
- MA: Man, woman hospitalized after gas station …
10.4.21 – Boston Globe – The scene of a crash in Billerica early Monday after a gas station robbery, police pursuit. Billerica PD.
- VA: HPD investigates commercial breaking and entering
10.4.21 – WHSV – The Harrisonburg Police Department is investigating a commercial breaking and entering at Valley Equipment Company …
- AZ: Armed Robbery at Smiths in Bullhead City
10.4.21 – The Bee – The Bullhead City Police Department is investigating an armed robbery that occurred at the Smith’s Food and Drug Store on Saturday night.
- TN: Fired worker accused of cleaning out cousin’s store
10.4.21 – WREG – Shelby County, Tenn. – A Memphis man is accused of stealing nearly $29,000 worth of merchandise from his cousin’s wireless store on East …
- MS: Police looking for burglar who crawled …
10.8.21 – Magnolia State Live — Police looking for burglar who crawled through drive-thru window at Mississippi restaurant, then escaped the way he came in.
- OK: Thieves Break Into Oklahoma Business By Driving Car …
10.8.21 – I Heart – Security camera footage clearly shows a tan Buick crashing through the business’s front window. The masked driver ran out of the car, grabbed …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Steven Brekel
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate – Amy Fuselier
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela