Public Safety Updates
- CA: City Alert: Police Dept. to use new process for management of …
1.7.22 – Daily Republic – The Fairfield Police Department will begin using a third-party partner, along with an online website for the management of its alarm …
- MT: False Alarm Offenders in Billings (Mont.) Will Be Fined
1.6.22 – The Billings City Council voted to institute a $250 fee for businesses that elicit three or more false alarms in the course of a year.
- TN: Spring Hill Police seeks solutions for false alarm calls
1.4.22 – The Daily Herald – Spring Hill Police Department is seeking solutions for false alarm calls, which according to city. Spring Hill Police Department is pursuing …
- Alarm caution: Man charged $1000 to cancel ADT …
1-7-22 – WCMH – NBC4 – “Then I found out that ADT didn’t sell this to us. It was a local agent.” Barker called the local agent but found out it would cost over $1,000 to cancel the service. “The cancellation charge was 75% of any unused months, and it was a 3-year contract,” he said.
- Huntsville, Ont. property owner fined $10K for failing to …
1.7.22 – CTV- An owner of a rental property in Huntsville, Ont. is forced to pay more than $10,000 after pleading guilty to two counts of fire code violations in a Bracebridge provincial court on Wednesday.
- Ring’s alarm system gets a broken glass detector
1.5.22 – Tech Crunch – The new Ring Alarm Glass Break Sensor is designed to detect the sound of breaking glass up to 25 feet away, sending a notification to the …
- Pye-Barker Fire & Safety Expands Service into the DC-Metro …
1.7.22 – PRNewswire – Pye-Barker Fire & Safety is pleased to announce its acquisition of Strickland Fire Protection. The transaction was completed …
- New and noteworthy smart home products from CES 2022
1.7.22 – SIW – Industry stalwarts and newcomers continue to push the boundaries of innovation in today’s connected homes
- Essence unveils 5G mPERS
1.7.22 – SIW – Mobile panic button system to pave the way for company’s expansion into commercial enterprise security deployments
- Arlo Announces DIY Security System Featuring NFC Technology
1.6.22 – CEPro – Arlo’s DIY security system features an all-in-one multisensor capable of eight different sensing functions, as well as a security hub with an integrated keypad.
- Background Checks Prevent Tomorrow’s Employee Problems
1.7.22 – CEPro – There are a growing number of resources to help small businesses hire new employees, here are some guidelines to implement proper background checks.
- 2021’s News Shapes Views for 2022
1.7.22 – SSI – SSI Editor-in-Chief Scott Goldfine revisits the major security stories and trends that developed in 2021.
- How to Work With Schools to Integrate PASS Guidelines
1.7.22 – SSI – Scott Lord, a founding member of Partner Alliance for Safer Schools, explains his work to integrate PASS Guidelines into school security
- Top Industry Pros Foretell What Might Catch You Off-Guard in 2022
1.5.22- SSI – Integrators, manufacturers, consultants and distributors identify potentially disruptive trends and other developments to arise in
- State of Security 2022: Success Amid Scarcity of People, Products
1.5.22- SSI – As security companies look to at last move past the pandemic they are hamstrung by hardships like personnel shortfalls and supply chain slowdowns. Executives from four savvy dealer firms share how their businesses will emerge from the morass all the better for it.
Fire & EMS News
- BC: Local man pulls fire alarm to avoid friends discovering he …
1.7.22 – The Beaverton – Victoria BC – Khan trailed off before growing visibly concerned for his friend. Tim Brookson, another friend and fan of HBO’s explosively challenging savage …
- PA: NFPA: Philadelphia Fire Tied for 5th Most Deadly Home Fire Since 1980
1.5.22 – The Philadelphia Fire Department says eight children are among the 12 dead after a house fire erupted on Wednesday morning.
- CA: Police Shoot, Injure 2 People After Burglary At San Leandro …
1.3.22 – San Leandro (CBS SF) – San Leandro police shot and injured two people during a confrontation with an armed suspect following a burglary at a …
- KY: Break-in among indictments in Boyd …
1.6.22 – The Daily Independent – Ashland – A homeless man charged in a Christmas Day break-in is among the first people to be indicted this year in Boyd County. A Boyd County grand jury issued a four-count indictment against 26-year-old Jeffrey M. Goodrich, aka Jeffrey M. Mann.
- LA: Police are looking for a white van thought…
1.4.22 – KLFY News 10 – Police are looking for a white van thought to be used in a Christmas Eve business burglary.
- MA: Revere Man Allegedly Crashes Into Liquor Store, Attacking …
1.9.22 – WBZ – Stoneham, Mass. … Stoneham Police said that officers commanded Bacigalupo to exit the store, but he allegedly refused to comply, saying that he had a firearm and that officers needed to shoot him.
- MS: MPD seeks information for burglary investigation
1-6-22 – WTOK – The Meridian Police Department is asking for help in identifying two people in connection to an ongoing burglary investigation.
- NC: Dozens of weapons stolen from Asheville gun store, police say
1.7.22 – WLOS – Asheville, N.C. Officers reviewed surveillance video footage, which showed the suspect entering the store and grabbing the weapons from a back wall and shoving them into a large black and red duffel bag before leaving the business. …
- NC: Third Break-In Reported At South Johnston High School
1.6.22 – Four Oaks – The Johnston County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a third break-in at South Johnston High School.
- ON: Carbon monoxide leak forces evacuation of highrise residents …
1.9.22 – Ottawa Citizen – A carbon monoxide leak that led to the evacuation of residents from a highrise tower near Lansdowne Park and TD Place Saturday night was found to have been caused by a boiler in the building.
- ON: Woman arrested after alleged B&E at health unit office in Port …
1.7.22 – Northumberland News – As a result, Tamara Newton, of Oshawa, was arrested and charged with break and enter with intent, and possession of break-in instruments. Newton …
- OR: Salem Police: Felon arrested with bag of rifles after breaking …
1.6.22 – Salem, Ore. (KPTV) – A felon is in police custody after attempting to steal a bag of rifles and a minibike from a Coastal Farm & Ranch store …
- OR: Southeast Portland vintage shop out hundreds of …
1.5.22 – Newsbreak – I definitely panicked,” Jobe, owner of Skeleton Key Vintage, said. “Two men had broken through the front door. They drilled the lock out.
- PA: Police find woman shot after dispatched to an alarm call early …
1.9.22 – CBS 21 – On Sunday January 9th at about 2:26am Harrisburg Police were dispatched to an alarm.
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Riley Fields
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate –
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela