Public Safety Updates
- AZ: Phoenix PD may stop responding to some calls. Here’s why.
12.28.21 – 12News – The Phoenix Police Department is considering not sending officers to respond to certain types of calls.
- ON: Essex wants security alarms registered to reduce false alarm …
12.27.21 – AM800 – The Town of Essex wants all security alarm systems registered to help reduce the number times police need to respond to a false alarm.
- 3G networks to shut down in the new year, impacting more …
12.29.21 – newschannel10.com – 3G networks to shut down in the new year, impacting more than just your phone · AT&T will finish shutting down its 3G network by February 2022.
- Ohio bill looks to address retail theft sprees
12.28.21 – SIW – Proposed legislation would require online marketplaces to crackdown on ORC gangs using their platforms
- Home Security Concerns On The Rise, Study Shows
12.28.21 – SSN – 43 percent of broadband households with children report more concern for home security
- 2 Factors Fueling Rapid Adoption of Remote Video Monitoring Solutions
12.30.21 -SSI – AI is a powerful tool, but to gain maximum ROI users must understand the video data it provides and apply it in meaningful ways.
- Genetec: Top Physical Security Trends Predictions for 2022
12.30.21 – SSI – Key trends include large-scale deployment of video analytics, faster hybrid Cloud adoption and a sharper focus on supply chain risks
- An HR Director on Security Workforce Challenges & Opportunities
12.29.21- SSI – In this month’s SECURE Perspectives, Axis Director of Human Resources Elaine Palome discusses the importance of diversity, employee reengagement and more.
- Three-Member Households Moving Up the Ladder in Connected Smart Lock Sales
12.28.21 – SSI – No piece of information is too small or obscure when it comes to formulating a marketing plan. Dig into these statistics on smart lock purchases by household size.
- 10 physical security predictions for the new year
12.29.21 – SIW – From new mandates to increased cyber concerns, 2022 portends to be an eventful year for the industry
- CA: Man arrested after trying to break into Valley Gun, police say
12.28.21 – (KGET) – A man was arrested after trying to pry open the door to Valley Gun on Chester Avenue early Tuesday, police said.
- GA: Man charged 9 years after Greenwood jewelry store burglary
12.28.21 – WTHR – Osneil Labrada-Guillen was released last week from a Georgia prison, serving time for stealing $1.6 million worth of jewelry at a store.
- IL: Car heist at dealership leads to high-speed chase, arrest
12.28.21 – Landmark – A man accused of stealing a car from a North Riverside dealership on Dec. 23 and leading police on a high-speed chase that ended after he …
- IL: Security footage shows string of smash-and-grab burglaries
12.29.21- ABC7 Chicago – Cook County sheriff’s police are investigating two smash and grab burglaries and a gas station ATM robbery attempt in Des Plaines and Glenview, …
- KY: Lily man charged with attempted burglary
12.27.21 – News Journal – Trevor Karr, 19, and a female juvenile were charged with first-degree attempted burglary. Deputy Gilbert Acciardo, the department’s public …
- MD: ‘Israel, why are you doing this?’ Bank teller recognizes armed …
12.31.21 – Montgomery County, Md. (7News) – A Capital One bank teller recognized an armed robber after the male suspect mistakenly lowered his face mask during the mid-morning hold-up, police allege in court documents obtained by 7News.
- MD: Patrol Officers Locate Juvenile Suspect In Commercial …
12.31.21 – BayNet – The suspect, a 14-year-old male, immediately surrendered when he observed officers. He was charged with burglary and released to an adult …
- NE: North Lincoln gas station burglarized overnight
12.30.21 – 1011Now -KOLN – Officers responded to an alarm at the Super C Wednesday around 3 a.m..
- NY: Surveillance shows suspect stealing Santa, snowman valued …
12.27.21 – News 12 – Chester police are looking for a man caught on surveillance camera stealing a 20-foot Santa and snowman.
- OH: Ohio dad fatally shoots teen daughter after mistaking her for …
12.31.21 – Fox 13 – An Ohio father mistook his 16-year-old daughter for an intruder early Wednesday and fatally shot her inside his Columbus home’s garage, …
- OR: Footprints in snow helps K-9 Atlas track down burglary …
12.28.21 – Beaverton, Oregon (KPTV) – Fabian Albert Hernandez’s booking photo and footprint in the snow. Officers were able to track down an early morning burglary suspect thanks to footprints he left in the snow, according to the Beaverton Police Department.
- PA: Man arrested in New Castle after claiming there was a “siege”
1.1.22 – WPXI – Police arrested an Ohio man in New Castle on Saturday after officers … and was seen on camera shooting another building’s alarm system.
- PA: New video shows suspects wanted in attempted armed robbery
12.31.21 – 6abc – Philadelphia police released new surveillance video that shows three men wanted for shooting a GameStop manager during an attempted robbery.
- PA: State Police Investigate Burglary at Food Express
12.28.21 – Plymouth Township, Luzerne County (WBRE/WYOU) – Troopers have started an investigation into a burglary at Food Express in Plymouth Township …
- PA: State police searching for ‘cigarette’ bandit in smash and grab …
12.29.21 -Times Leader – The thief used a rock to smash the front glass door and stole approximately $1,500 worth of cigarettes, state police said.
- TX: Montgomery Co. man accused of stealing from adult store
12.27.21 – WTOP – Marcel Ivan Alvarez, 23, of Rockville has been arrested on charges of second-degree burglary, malicious destruction of property, and theft.
- UT: SLC police capture man breaking into downtown business
12.28.21 – Fox 13 – Police were alerted by a community member who saw the man, Eric Prawitt, climb into a business, which triggered an alarm.
- VA: Maryland teens facing burglary charges after Stafford break-in
12.28.21 – Free Lance Star – Two Maryland teenagers were arrested on burglary charges early Wednesday morning in Stafford County.
- WI: Attempted robbery reported Tuesday in Beloit
12.28.21 – Beloit Daily News – An attempted robbery was reported at around 12:28 a.m. at a gas station. The suspect demanded money from the …
The National Monitor is a service of the National Electronic Security Alliance (NESA). Member states are free to reproduce the information contained herein in print or electronic media as they see fit. Contact NESA for more information at 301.519.9237 or email@example.com
NESA is a federation of state associations established to serve and promote the electronic systems industry at the direction of, and through its affiliated state associations. Seven state associations are part of NESA – Arkansas Security Alarm Association (ASAA), Kansas Electronic Security Association (KESA), Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association (LLSSA), Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (MDBFAA), Mississippi Security Association (MSA), Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (OKBFAA) and Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Association (TBFAA). For more info visit www.nesaus.org.
NESA Board of Directors
- President – Chris Russell
- Vice President & – Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Craig Bober
- Secretary – Kathleen Schraufnagel
- Treasurer and Arkansas Security Alarm Assn. Director – Rick Howell
- Past President – Jordon Brown
- Kansas Electronic Security Alliance Director – Vacant
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Director – Dera DeRoche Jolet
- Mississippi Security Association Director – Jack Torrence
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – Riley Fields
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Director – John Helweg
- Associate Director – Brian Villari
- False Alarm Reduction Association Director – Kerri McDonald
- Executive Director – Brad Shipp
- Louisiana Life Safety & Security Association Alternate –
- Mississippi Security Association Alternate – Shelley Pettit
- Maryland Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Jim Emerick
- Oklahoma Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Danna Fowble
- Texas Burglar & Fire Alarm Assn. Alternate – Kelly Ryan
- False Alarm Reduction Association Alternate – Alicia Vela